New Modeling Tutorial for Hexagon *uploaded

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited May 2015 in Freebies

All the images are "done" ... hopefully will be pasted into a .pdf tomorrow and when the glue dries, uploaded ;-)

There are a few ways to remake old clothing items. There are some very good products for sale in the store for "converting" them to fit either of the new figures.
However sometimes the old meshes could use some remodeling ;-)
So, taking a dress form of legacy V4, fitted to Genesis V4, Genesis then dialed down to basic, exporting out said dress results ...
Remaking the item ...
Remaking the clothing ...
And a very quick wrap-up showing how to work up a texture match from the new to the old.

I use Hexagon but really any decent modeling program will be fine to use.
I am using D/S4.6
Basic concepts should be the same in 4.8 however it's not going on my desktop anytime soon.

Now as ready as it'll ever be ;-)

http://patience55anotherone.deviantart.com/art/Repairing-Mesh-pdf-tutorial-536130829

promo.png
1000 x 1000 - 237K
Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Thank You, I hope I will learn something from it. I wish I could learn to make clothes and things but I guess I need tutorials for that like this one. Hope to start using Hexagon soon then :)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    Thank You, I hope I will learn something from it. I wish I could learn to make clothes and things but I guess I need tutorials for that like this one. Hope to start using Hexagon soon then :)

When I started people kept telling to look at the work others had done. So I did. Sometimes truly not impressed, other times very.
    You figure out what you like to make, how you want to model and see what happens.
    But yes, you have to open the program! And experiment, and practice ....
    If you get stuck on one project, set it aside and do another one.
    Every project is in itself also a learning lesson. As you can experience you will be able to handle more modeling situations.

This weekend's tut is now live: Repairing Mesh

edited December 1969

Wonderful. Thank You so much, I will try reading it tomorrow. And You are right about it, I was trying to read some Bryce tutorials will need to work on that too.

edited May 2015

I have read trough it a bit, looks good, thanks for all that. I am just curious is modeling clothes possible in Hexagon, from this tutorial it seems that it is, but I haven't tried it yet :)

Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited May 2015

gulan7 said:
    I have read trough it a bit, looks good, thanks for all that. I am just curious is modeling clothes possible in Hexagon, from this tutorial it seems that it is, but I haev't tried it yet :)
    Yes, modeling clothes is quite possible in Hexagon. I've made a number of outfits for a number of my comic book characters with it, including the jacket, opera cloak, and mask for the Buccaneer, José Calros Mirandez; a hooded kataginu, obi, belt, and Jika tabi for Kageto; and an armored jacket, boots, greaves, gun belt, battle glove, and smart glasses for the Night Warrior, US Army Delta Force CSM Steven H. Panther.
    Who-Says-Metals-Better-than-Meat-(small).jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 552K
    In-the-Dojo-(small).jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 527K
    Buccaneer-test-(small).jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 320K
    Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 1969

Ok, thanks for info. I should try it then, I have this tutorial and other videos I probably should watch and learn to do it :).

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
    edited December 1969

:) ooo some true velvet or maby a combo with, purdy mixed jewels on the dressings, bett that'd look purdy!

edited December 1969

:-/ oop, on the first outfit

edited December 1969

thank you for the tutorial I like yours

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

:) ooo some true velvet or maby a combo with, purdy mixed jewels on the dressings, bett that'd look purdy!:-/ oop, on the first outfit

Actually, both the jacket and cloak both currently use the R72 SimVelvet shaders for their main texture. If I can ever "complete" the cloak for commercial release It needs some JCMs and such that I don't know how to make), it will need its own textures, but for my current needs, they suffice.

edited December 1969

Thank You for the shader link, they might be useful :)