Free 1940's style shirt dress for Genesis 8 Females

perlkperlk Posts: 854
edited May 2022 in Freebies

In the general freebies request, I was challenged to design a 1940's inspired dress, so I dug around on the internets and found a sewing pattern on Etsy from 1943 and used it as the inspiration for this dforce dress I modeled in Hexagon.

https://www.deviantart.com/perlk/art/Free-1940-s-style-shirt-dress-for-G8F-917209135

If you have issues, please let me know and I'll do my best to help...it isn't perfect, but hey, it's free!

1940s-dress-promo.png
1200 x 1000 - 2M
Post edited by perlk on

Comments

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

@perlk - your dress looks great on the promo image (fun idea with the car!)! It must have been a lot of work but the end result looks really good. Congratulations! yessmiley

AOBB

Just signed up to DeviantArt and downloaded the dress! smiley

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

awesome, thank

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

This is great thank you

• perlkperlk Posts: 854

You're welcome! I always imagined myself as a fashion designer so this is super fun to do :-)

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 876

perlk Thank you very much for a very sweet dress and accessory. I enjoyed relaxing into a render last night trying it out. Here it is with one of eblank's textures.

A moment of reflection 

Link to image in gallery

Gorgeous, SapphireBlue!

I don't know how to make links on my Kindle but here are some available accessories for perlk's shirt dress to round out the 1940's look:

Hats and gloves were very much in use back then, so:

Timeless Treasures headwear

Vintage hats and Gloves

Shoes tended to be on the chunkier side, so these could work:

Amazing morphing pumps

Mary Jane style shoes were also in style. A nice pair of these come with this set:

dForce Mary Jane Outfit 

All these are for G8.*F 

Cheers, 

AOBB

@SapphireBlue - Love, love, LOVE this!!!! So beautiful.

@AOBB - gotta check those out - thank you! Especially the headwear.

You're welcome, Perlk! smiley

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 876
    edited May 2022

Thank you so very much AOBB and perlk!! heartheart

That's a useful list AOBB. I've got the vintage hats, but had to make do with pumps for G3F from a set I had, so those morphing pumps went onto my wishlist. BTW the link to eblank's textures was listed in the comments section of perlk's dress - here they are: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/91994/1940s-style-dress-additional-textures

Perlk, you've been making so many items and they all look great! I found this dress super easy to work with. Thanks for the simulation settings option! I'm usually afraid of dforce, but this was very painless. I'm downloading your 50s dress now. I've got a "vintage rock" project coming up and I'm going to see if I can try out the dress then! smiley

EDIT: I went down a rabbit hole. It seems eblank has textures made for perlk's handbag too and some textures for pumps for G8F. The pumps are also freebies and can be found here: https://www.deviantart.com/amyaimei/art/Pumps-01-for-Genesis-8-Female-705955762

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

Cool! Looks like yr pretty profficient with the Hexagon there.

Thank you @lukon100! It has taken me about a year to get the hang of it. I think half of the learning curve is understanding what geometry really is, ha ha. If only I could communicate with 8th grade me.

@SapphireBlue there are some really awesome freebies for shoes out there. The ones I used are https://sharecg.com/v/97227/view/21/DAZ-Studio/CFM-Pumps which are in almost every retro render I use!!!