Free Morphable Tire And Futuristic Car

lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

You might like them.

I would appreciate someone testing them out and telling me of any problems.

Morphable tire
-download:
https://www.deviantart.com/luqu/art/Tire-Morphable-For-Carel-s-Tread-Texture-V1-916130974

Pretty good medium resolution model of a slightly futuristic car, shaped like a computer mouse
-download:
https://www.deviantart.com/luqu/art/Car-De-Ridder-Quail-V1-917475111

Promo 01.jpg
1220 x 1220 - 659K
Promo 01.jpg
1220 x 1220 - 998K

Comments

• perlkperlk Posts: 854

Wow, that's pretty cool!!! Hey, did Steve Jobs design that car?

I'll download it and test it when I get a chance - thanks for sharing!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492
    edited May 2022
    I find it hard to leave my engineer's hat behind. What I see in the car is the steering column looks like a spear ready to impale the driver as soon as the front of the car crumples in a crash (small design change to have the steering wheel on a retractable arm parallel to the fwd edge of the seat would cure it - I assume it's steer by wire and doesn't need a mechanical linkage, looks futuristic enough). Other than that, it looks like a really interesting design, probably with better visibility than most current cars.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

Very cool indeed!   Would be great was a "Back to the Future" style hover car as well.  

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

perlk said:

Wow, that's pretty cool!!! Hey, did Steve Jobs design that car?

I'll download it and test it when I get a chance - thanks for sharing!

Right on. Thanks, perlk.

richardandtracy said:

I find it hard to leave my engineer's hat behind. What I see in the car is the steering column looks like a spear ready to impale the driver as soon as the front of the car crumples in a crash (small design change to have the steering wheel on a retractable arm parallel to the fwd edge of the seat would cure it - I assume it's steer by wire and doesn't need a mechanical linkage, looks futuristic enough). Other than that, it looks like a really interesting design, probably with better visibility than most current cars.

My apartment-mate had the same reaction to the steering column being so long.

I could invent some plausible explanation for why the steering column would be safe in a crash. But people's gut reaction is more important when making a 3D model. Therefore, I suppose I could re-design that for my V2 release, if there is one.

As it is, the model can easily be put into a self-driving configuration that hides all the driving controls, including the steering. One click of a property button turns on this "Self Driving" configuration.

Sky77 said:

Very cool indeed!   Would be great was a "Back to the Future" style hover car as well.  

Thanks, Walker-less Sky77.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,118

~  looks good ( cool )  thanx

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

Thank you for these

ed3D said:

~  looks good ( cool )  thanx

Ye be welcome. I hope it entertains you.

Faeryl Womyn said:

Thank you for these

Ya welcome. May they entertain you.