Is Girl 6 working in PoserPro 2014?

LynZemLynZem Posts: 22
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Have not been having trouble with Aiko6, Callie6, etc. But I just got Girl 6 and she merely is a stock G2F with Actor->Stylized->Girl 6 set to 1.0.

I have the latest PP 2104 10.0.5.28925 (I think this is SR 5.2) and the DSON Importer 1.1.3.50

I attached a base render (with default lights, Poser 'Andy', and Callie 6 to show something works). Girl 6 is the rear G2F, who obviously isn't girl 6!

I am mainly just curious if anyone has tried Girl 6, to indicate if this is likely a problem with my system or Girl 6. Is there any debug or log file created by the DSON importer. Girl 6 does seem to take longer than expected to import, so I am guessing some file is not being found, so is being searched for.

Thanks

Render_2.png
958 x 810 - 245K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

Did you install the DSON core files, and did you install to the same location as the rest of the G2F characters?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

Is there a Girl 6 dial in the body actor of your loaded Genesis 2? I believe it should be under Female>Stylized.

I believe the DSON Importer log file is in C:\users\YOURNAME\App Data\Roaming \DAZ3D, IIRC ( I’m not at my Poser machine right now)

• LynZemLynZem Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

Did you install the DSON core files, and did you install to the same location as the rest of the G2F characters?

Yes - as shown, other G2F chars work fine. Girl 6 is the first not to (although oddly, Belle 6 had some weird finger flattening issues when used to common G2F hand poses ... but that's another matter).

edited June 2015

WandW said:
    Is there a Girl 6 dial in the body actor of your loaded Genesis 2? I believe it should be under Female>Stylized.

I believe the DSON Importer log file is in C:\users\YOURNAME\App Data\Roaming \DAZ3D, IIRC ( I’m not at my Poser machine right now)

For me it is "Actor->Stylized->Girl 6".

Your hint was helpful - on my system is was ; "C:\Users\{myname}\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\DsonPoser\log.txt", and I am seeing a whole bunch of:
    Could not find source property for formula: GenesisFemale:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/{vendor other than DAZ}/{ something with Girl6 inserted in the name}.dsf.

So I assume there is some morph or anatomy object which has a Girl 6 option which I don't own or haven't installed or need to reinstall, and the creation of the CR2 is hitting on these. It gives me a clue as to how to digg around and fill the missing holes.

Post edited by LynZem on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

LynZem said:
    WandW said:

For me it is "Actor->Stylized->Girl 6".

Your hint was helpful - on my system is was ; "C:\Users\{myname}\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\DsonPoser\log.txt", and I am seeing a whole bunch of:
    Could not find source property for formula: GenesisFemale:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/{vendor other than DAZ}/{ something with Girl6 inserted in the name}.dsf.

So I assume there is some morph or anatomy object which has a Girl 6 option which I don't own or haven't installed or need to reinstall, and the creation of the CR2 is hitting on these. It gives me a clue as to how to digg around and fill the missing holes.

Those should be harmless - they mean that there's a correction morph of some kind, to avoid distortion when using the Girl 6 shape with the other morph. Since you don't have the other morph there's no need for the correction, so it can safely be left hanging. That does seem to confirm that the DSON core files for Girl 6 are installed, as well.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

She is working for me.... same version of PoserPro 2014 GameDev... but I have DSON 1.2.0.12 which is different than you noted... so maybe update that

• DrNewcensteinDrNewcenstein Posts: 816
    edited December 1969

This looks like a problem I had a while back. Do you have a Poser Pro 2014 Content folder as well as a My Daz 3D Library folder? If so, you might have to manually relocate the PMD file that came with G6, as it was installed into one but not the other.

I had the steps to correct it in a text file on my other PC (which is awaiting a replacement mobo), but compare the files found in the following folders:
    Poser Pro 2014 Content\Runtime\DSON\auto_adapted\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2 Female\bracket-blah-blah-blah.pmd
    and
    My Documents\My Daz 3D Library (can't give you a more exact location as the system I'm posting from is actually set up correctly, thanks to the hours of headache from working with the other system).

The files in both locations will have the same name, so you can always copy the filename and search your My Daz 3D Library folder. Whichever of the two files is larger is the one you want in both folders. However, rather than over-writing the smaller files, just as a precaution, rename them with a dash at the front. Reload Poser and see if everything works.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

Newc said:
    This looks like a problem I had a while back. Do you have a Poser Pro 2014 Content folder as well as a My Daz 3D Library folder? If so, you might have to manually relocate the PMD file that came with G6, as it was installed into one but not the other.

I had the steps to correct it in a text file on my other PC (which is awaiting a replacement mobo), but compare the files found in the following folders:
    Poser Pro 2014 Content\Runtime\DSON\auto_adapted\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2 Female\bracket-blah-blah-blah.pmd
    and
    My Documents\My Daz 3D Library (can't give you a more exact location as the system I'm posting from is actually set up correctly, thanks to the hours of headache from working with the other system).

The files in both locations will have the same name, so you can always copy the filename and search your My Daz 3D Library folder. Whichever of the two files is larger is the one you want in both folders. However, rather than over-writing the smaller files, just as a precaution, rename them with a dash at the front. Reload Poser and see if everything works.

If this is happening, it appears that the adapted file location was changed at some point; I wonder if the default location might have changed in one of the updates.

Also, I found that DSON Importer 1.2.0.12 results in a dent in the left ankle of Genesis 2, which went away when I reverted to the previous version, which is a known bug.

edited December 1969

Newc said:
    This looks like a problem I had a while back. Do you have a Poser Pro 2014 Content folder as well as a My Daz 3D Library folder? If so, you might have to manually relocate the PMD file that came with G6, as it was installed into one but not the other. ...

Yah, that could be it - I'll dig through this. I did compare the DSON log files between adding an Aiko 6 (which works today) and Girl 6 (which does NOT work today), and the log files are line-by-line identical - even the "could not find source property" type lines. So that's not the answer. (Plus, I bought Keiko 6 Starter yesterday, and she also doesn't show up ... so I need to solve this.)

My DAZ Poser CF content is in a F:/DAZ 3D/runtime, while my DS Poser content pointer is in F:/Poser/Aiko3/runtime. I've grown used to finding the DSON conversions when DS exports PoserCF files, but had not noticed the building 'F:/Poser/Aiko3/Runtime/DSON/auto_adapted". I suppose I could go into DS and tell it my "poser" content is in the F:/DAZ 3D/runtime, as so far I only use DS to build PoserCF files - the fact it can't find my normal A4/V4 content doesn't matter, and all A6/V6 content is already in F:/DAZ 3D/runtime.

I actually have 6 different Poser runtimes (aiko3/runtime for people, beings/runtimefor dogs/animals/ robots, thing/runtime for buildings/props, and few specialty ones used for export/import of other 3D content). Not sure if DAZ expects such diversity. All 'content' must be on drive F:, as C: (with Windows, Program Files, user/{me}/Documents, etc) is all considered 'temporary" on a 250GB SSD, and I wipe it yearly without backup & reinstall programs (like Windows, Poser, & DS) from scratch. Only data on "F:" remains and is backed up to external drives.

edited December 1969

Okay, problem solved - many thanks to all who commented (especially NewC). I didn't understand or find the alternative PMD newC was talking about, but apparently in the "DSON Importer Preferences" setting for "Writable Runtime Folder" I need to put the DAZ runtime with the DUFs, not my Poser Runtime (despite this being in Poser). Maybe DAZ could queue up to change this to be "Writable DS Runtime Folder" in a future DSON release to act as a hint?

That still doesn't explain why Aiko6/Callie6 worked and Girl6/Kieko6 did not - but that doesn't really matter.

Render_1f.jpg
    344 x 533 - 24K
    edited June 2015

A Post-Note: if you do change your DSON Importer 'runtime' value, make sure your DELETE the old /runtime/DSON directory - or COPY to the new location. Otherwise, Poser risks seeing your old bad cached files BEFORE the new good ones, as for example the PZ3 will be referencing mere 'runtime/DSON/data/{etc}', which if is the G2F object, it will exist in BOTH the old {poser}/runtime/DSON and the new {daz3d}/runtime/DSON - a bit of pot-luck which Poser finds first (but I assume Power scans from first to last, so likely your poser runtime is added first to search path.

- Lyn

Post edited by LynZem on