Subsurface Scattering

JackGerberJackGerber Posts: 12
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong place. I just had a question about subsurface scattering for skin textures. Some DAZ figures come with that already and some do not. Poser has a macro to add it but the diffuse color is set to a light blue. This turns the skin to a variety of pretty horrid colors. I can go in and manually change every area of exposed skin in the material room by making the diffuse color white but it's a nuisance. Am I missing something here?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Poser forum in the hopes that it will get more answers here.

• LynZemLynZem Posts: 22
    edited June 2015

A don't have an exact answer, but you could try the EZSkin2 Python scripts, which can be downloaded here; it's free... :)

http://snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/viewforum.php?f=27

I've found it a bit jargon filled, but is does a nice "whole body" job of adjusting skin shaders in Poser. The author of the tool is active over on the Poser forum at renderosity, if you want to try posting over there for more direct advice.

Post edited by LynZem on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

Yes, use EZSskin, as it does actual subsurface scattering. The subsurface scattering Wacro in the Material Room is a hack from the Poser 7 days...