Dress the Crowd tutorial - Uploaded

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited June 2015 in Freebies

As I mentioned somewhere previously I'm working on a tutorial for skin clothing. Actually discovered a very good use for skin clothing, to dress all those clones! In D/S4.6 there is a feature to Create a new Geoshell for a figure [even legacy figures].
It brings them in with mats at 50% and apparently no way to dress 'em. While I'm sure that would make for interesting chorus line, "some" clothing would be nice ... and for a crowd, different clothing ... so skin clothing is the way to go!

The tutorial is a very basic one. I do not "design clothing". It is more to show how to use templates and provide a workflow that beginners may also achieve success in making their own skin clothes.

For those who already have skin clothing templates [whether your own creations or purchased MRs] these are still useful :-)
One has to either use LIE or have available COPIES of the concerned skin areas to really apply the skin clothing on.
One cannot use geoshells for skin clothing as transparent areas render "black". And even where one does get "skin", the colours will not match the main figure. So not to lose any more hair than we have to, "skin clothing" ... end results being saved solely as material [and/or LIE] presets which can then be applied to any of the geoshells and we can "Dress the Crowd" :-)

Skin Clothing on 3D Models

Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I like to believe that I finally have enough images together for the tutorial. It's a simple idea but rather complex as one starts working with it.
    It covers how to make a neckline as well ;-)

And I did put together a little clip testing out some poses ... normally all the geoshell clones will do exactly what the main figure does but for some reason when selecting one of the Gia poses, the clones face one way, the main figure another ... oh well .... it's not river dance but maybe one day lol ....

https://youtu.be/Rozb4zzLHnk

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Great, one thing that I need :) Skin clothing can be nice addition on figure and sometimes is very needed.

On the side not, I was lately using G1 figure and tried to make a good custom face. I did something but it is not really perfect as it has some not perfect lines there. I was wondering how they make nice face morphs, probably I should check for tutorial. I want to make dials in DS for face then when I am satisfied enough to make it even better with morphs. Hope that it is possible :)

edited June 2015

gulan7 said:
    Great, one thing that I need :) Skin clothing can be nice addition on figure and sometimes is very needed.

On the side not, I was lately using G1 figure and tried to make a good custom face. I did something but it is not really perfect as it has some not perfect lines there. I was wondering how they make nice face morphs, probably I should check for tutorial. I want to make dials in DS for face then when I am satisfied enough to make it even better with morphs. Hope that it is possible :)

Yes skin clothing can be very useful, esp. under some other clothing items and there are no problems with poke through.

If by G1 you mean Genesis, yes you can make dials for those face morphs in D/S.

First though, simply make the morphs and 'save' them as you would normally save morphs. They can all be batch edited and/or resaved to be displaying elsewhere on the Parameters Tab later on.

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Ok thanks, yes that is what I meant :) I need to learn to make and save morphs for figures. I did few times tutorials for morphing clothes or terrain :) but will need to refresh all that :D

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I like to believe that I finally have enough images together for the tutorial. It's a simple idea but rather complex as one starts working with it.
    It covers how to make a neckline as well ;-)

And I did put together a little clip testing out some poses ... normally all the geoshell clones will do exactly what the main figure does but for some reason when selecting one of the Gia poses, the clones face one way, the main figure another ... oh well .... it's not river dance but maybe one day lol ....

https://youtu.be/Rozb4zzLHnk

Made me think of the Esther Williams movies and the June Taylor Dancers. :-)

edited December 1969

The one tutorial is turning into a rather long tutorial. Decided to cover a little more ground in it. Not quite finished yet. Maybe by next weekend.

Will cover some tips for making one's own templates too. And making necklines.

edited December 1969

Great, will wait for that. One more good tutorial surely will be useful.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    Great, will wait for that. One more good tutorial surely will be useful.

Yeppers!

edited December 1969

Much larger image in my DA Gallery.

Pics are done ... have some editing to do this coming week so should be possible for next weekend if nothing untowards happens.

Haven't decided if any of the images created yet will also be included ... I have the jumpsuit item as shown, as well there are some other images used in creating stuff that I could include ... but then is a tutorial for making your own stuff too so ?
    Is there any interest for this jumpsuit to be included?

The flesh skin shown is a base MR skin which is not ready to go yet. Whether or not it gets made up in time for the tutorial's release is highly unlikely.

Tutorial_Promo2.png
    500 x 500 - 326K
  • ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Wouldn't hurt and might help/
    edited December 1969

Elowan said:

Wouldn't hurt and might help/

'k ... will see what I can package up with that then too.

Have about 20 images left to edit, the rest are pasted into the .pdf, glue drying ;-)

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

It's in the wilds :-)

Skin Clothing on 3D Models ... and I even made a Table of Contents :-)

Making_Skin_Clothing_promo.png
    1020 x 1320 - 264K