Extras for Avil Family Room 'n Guest Room

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241
edited June 2022 in Freebies

Required Product

2 morphs to open the 2 doors in the basement.

2 mats to make glass panes for 2 doors on the main floor.

1 Cave, so one has someplace to go to from the basement door :-)

In my Freebies at Renderosity.

The cave can be used on its own.

May be used for commercial and/or non-commercial image renders.

2 mats, 2 morphs, 1 cave.png
1000 x 536 - 524K
Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

In case you have way too much free time on your hands, You could go all in and come up with a way to fit all the available Avil (insert name of set here) sets together? wink

I got the third of them today (from the D+FAD sale) and only now noticed that they are supposed to work as a full house, without having any settings to put them together properly and with some parts being put into another set, like the staircase in the Family Room set and the Living Room set. In the Living Room set are the open/close sliders for the two doors from the Family Room set, that you made sliders for. On the other hand that small room below the stairs has a window in the Family Room set, but none in the Living Room set.

I don't know if such adaptions could be made without having to do copyright infringing changes to the models themselves, but some could probably be made by just giving them proper positions in a scene and by making different textures invisible?!?

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241

maikdecker said:

In case you have way too much free time on your hands, You could go all in and come up with a way to fit all the available Avil (insert name of set here) sets together? wink

I got the third of them today (from the D+FAD sale) and only now noticed that they are supposed to work as a full house, without having any settings to put them together properly and with some parts being put into another set, like the staircase in the Family Room set and the Living Room set. In the Living Room set are the open/close sliders for the two doors from the Family Room set, that you made sliders for. On the other hand that small room below the stairs has a window in the Family Room set, but none in the Living Room set.

I don't know if such adaptions could be made without having to do copyright infringing changes to the models themselves, but some could probably be made by just giving them proper positions in a scene and by making different textures invisible?!?

There may be a few more sets made available over the course of the month: https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=avil

So far I have:
    Avil Family Room
    Avil Kitchen Dining Room
    Avil Guest Room

If the sets can be fit together, then yes what can be shared is a "scene subset" as it only refers to existing products [doesn't include them].

edited June 2022

I "roughly" placed these 2 to this position. If/when I can get the rest of the rooms, should be interesting what the floorplan is.

Guest 'n Family.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • Dangit, I almost bought the Avil guest bedroom when it was on $1.99 sale a day or two ago, but then said "Bah, I already have too many bedrooms that I've not used as it is!" and cleared the tab.  Then today I noticed I have all the other Avil rooms except the office!  :D :D

On a different note, does the lid on the toilet in the half-bath of the guest bedroom lift open?  That's one of my pet peeves about bathrooms in Daz: too often the toilets are static, closed things.  0o

Yeah, continue fitting all the rooms together in a scene-set.  :D :D :D

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Dangit, I almost bought the Avil guest bedroom when it was on $1.99 sale a day or two ago, but then said "Bah, I already have too many bedrooms that I've not used as it is!" and cleared the tab.  Then today I noticed I have all the other Avil rooms except the office!  :D :D

On a different note, does the lid on the toilet in the half-bath of the guest bedroom lift open?  That's one of my pet peeves about bathrooms in Daz: too often the toilets are static, closed things.  0o

Yeah, continue fitting all the rooms together in a scene-set.  :D :D :D

"Normally" the store has a catch-up day or 3, when most if not all are returned into the sale basket.

I haven't checked the lids in any of the sets I've purchased in this sale. Definitely on my list though to do that and you know me ;-) If it doesn't and it could, it will ;-)

Well, I put out a strong hint, suggestion, over in the Members' Forum ... however it's been years since they'd actively taken requests so it remains to be seen how many more rooms are entered into the sale basket. I'm hoping for all of 'em.

Going by the promos for the Office, that looks more like what we would call a Den.

Did you notice the books?

edited June 2022

duplicate post

So might as well use it for a different paragraph.

The rest of the set so far has not/is not in the super sale basket which is where it would have to be for me to afford it all. Maybe next sale time.

• And yeah, they had the guest room on the repeat-$1.99 sale today, so I grabbed it.

I was hoping that they'd put the rest of the set in the basket too but so far no luck. Still a few days to go, and then there's October.

btw - if anybody is in a hurry for a full house, they do have at least 2 pretty good looking houses in the sale basket.

https://www.daz3d.com/classy-house
    https://www.daz3d.com/modern-rustic-house

I did pick these up - don't know yet if I'll be doing any freebies for them but the possibility exists ;-)

edited June 2022

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

And yeah, they had the guest room on the repeat-$1.99 sale today, so I grabbed it.

Okay :-)

And if there's something I missed as to functionality, etc. feel free to mention it. Not everything is possible but one never knows until it's tossed into Hexagon :-)

eta: Have now taken a look at this model. Most of the doors or drawers can be opened, slide, whatever. Except, all of the wall which has the toilet etc. I'll take a look at that later, too much work for tonight.

btw-the little airplane, sadly has 2 welded dots so no, can't make the propeller go 'round and 'round.

edited June 2022

Avil Guest Room, Wall 01 - Adjustments   Uploaded at Renderosity

Avil Guest Room Wall 01 Adustments.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Avil Guest Room Wall 01.png
    1920 x 1030 - 1M
  • "There is no seat. The hole gets larger as the lid is raised ;-)"

>>Collapses in a fit of giggles<<

Hahaha!  Whatever morph works to get it done.  laugh laugh laugh