6000 x 3000 spherical maps from Anywhere in the ( watermarked non-commercial use ) Google Street Vie

2»

Comments

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 515
    edited December 1969

Casual said:
    DigiDotz said:
    I get as far as the mcjMontage.bat , double click to run within saved webpage directory, but get this (attached image)

were the cbk cbk(1) cbk(2) files in the same folder as mcjMontage.bat?

because mcjMondage.bat is basically ordering imagemagick to take the images from "right here where i, mcjMontage.bat am located"

Yep, it was right there with the images. forget about it
    I just used the HTML5 link you posted and that does it all nicely THANKS

• mikey186mikey186 Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

I tried replacing the code as you said, but when I input in the link, nothing is showing. help?

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
    edited June 2015

mikey186 said:
    I tried replacing the code as you said, but when I input in the link, nothing is showing. help?

which code?, which link? and are you asking me or Esemwy?

Post edited by mCasual on
  • English BobEnglish Bob Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

Casual said:

... there's a line in mcjMosaicHTML5.html that reads

cat.crossOrigin = "Anonymous";

... if you replace this line with

cat.setAttribute('crossOrigin', 'anonymous');

maybe it will work with other browsers

also, in the Google-Chrome settings, maybe there's a setting to loosen the security concerning crossOrigin
    i saw it refered to as CORS also

In fact, you had the line cat.setAttribute('crossOrigin', 'anonymous'); already in there, but commented out - so I guess this was in your mind from the beginning? I tried it, but with the same results, unfortunately.

I looked into CORS, but didn't feel confident tweaking the settings. I may be confusing this issue with others, but I'm concerned about security and cross-site scripting. Against that, I use NoScript in Firefox, and have it set to allow scripts on local files, but that's all; so I may be worrying needlessly.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I looked into CORS, but didn't feel confident tweaking the settings. I may be confusing this issue with others, but I'm concerned about security and cross-site scripting. Against that, I use NoScript in Firefox, and have it set to allow scripts on local files, but that's all; so I may be worrying needlessly.

And that's probably why Firefox is working for this...because NoScript is doing it's job and what you told it to do. The other's aren't seeing a difference between this script and a random one from who knows where. I've always preferred NoScript to the one size fits all solution that everything else seems to have.

edited June 2015

cat.crossOrigin .

i think the cross-origin feature is there to protect the servers more than the browsers
    it's about guarding access to ressources (like images) on servers

but maybe that's not the issue

when mcj.......html5.html finishes obtaining the image tiles and pasting them in the html5 canvas
    it obtains the canvas 'data' in 80% quality jpeg format using the getDataURL function
    this creates a mile long url ( no really it's a mile long ! but not in someone's shoes)
    there's memory and long wait times issues there, and
    once the mcjMosaicHTML5.html has that URL
    it unceremoniously shows your browser the door using document.location = theMileLongURL
    and possibly the security of your browsers blocks 'redirection' of that type

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Casual said:

cat.crossOrigin .

i think the cross-origin feature is there to protect the servers more than the browsers
    it's about guarding access to ressources (like images) on servers

but maybe that's not the issue

when mcj.......html5.html finishes obtaining the image tiles and pasting them in the html5 canvas
    it obtains the canvas 'data' in 80% quality jpeg format using the getDataURL function
    this creates a mile long url ( no really it's a mile long ! but not in someone's shoes)
    there's memory and long wait times issues there, and
    once the mcjMosaicHTML5.html has that URL
    it unceremoniously shows your browser the door using document.location = theMileLongURL
    and possibly the security of your browsers blocks 'redirection' of that type

Yep...that's the 'one size fits nobody' blocking kicking in...which, NoScript will handle very well, unlike most other solutions.

edited August 2018

NEW NEW NEW NEW 

august 2 2018 4AM - new version mcjMosaicHTML5August2422AM.html  

will work for more streetview locations

and has a button to download the image because google broke things in chrome again ( maybe for security )

anywhere.jpg
    683 x 1024 - 107K