perlk's 50's clothing - both pieces available!

perlkperlk Posts: 854
edited June 2022 in Freebies

@Shadowbox24 has provided me with a folder full of inspiration, so I have modeled a swing coat and a wiggle dress.

For the swing coat, I've also modeled a fancy-ish brooch. I actually have this very brooch that my grandmother left me (she wore it in the 50's). 

Now available at https://www.deviantart.com/perlk/art/Vintage-dforce-swing-coat-and-brooch-for-G8F-919480009 ;

It's got morphs for fitting, a version without the brooch, the brooch itself as a prop. UPDATE: It now has a morph to fit over the wiggle dress.

And now available - wiggle dress for G8F!

Dress:

Earrings:

https://www.deviantart.com/perlk/art/Vintage-dforce-wiggle-dress-belt-and-earrings-G8F-919909876

50s-swing-coat.png
1029 x 1200 - 1M
50s-swing-coat-brooch-front.png
1029 x 1200 - 524K
50swiggle-promo2.png
1000 x 1167 - 2M
50s-wiggle-promo3.png
1000 x 1167 - 2M
Post edited by perlk on

Comments

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 876

Too cute perlk!! Love it! heart Gosh, I don't think I can keep up on the render-front... Still looking to find time to try out Odette's coat and dress... 

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

What a gorgeous set, can't wait for it to be available. You are doing very well Perlk

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Those swing coats were so classy and fun. I'm so happy you are making one. The brooch looks great too! smiley

• They may be 1950s, but I'm pretty sure i recall mrs peel wearing something very similar in The Avengers.

• perlkperlk Posts: 854

Richard Haseltine said:

They may be 1950s, but I'm pretty sure i recall mrs peel wearing something very similar in The Avengers.

You are probably right! I had a coat similar that I got at a tag sale (CT-speak for yard sale) and the woman said she bought it in the 60's. But the image I copied is from the 50's...good fashion never goes out of style :-)

Faeryl Womyn said:

What a gorgeous set, can't wait for it to be available. You are doing very well Perlk

Thank you! Can you tell work is a bit slow these days? It's super fun, I'm really getting into it :-)

AOBB said:

Those swing coats were so classy and fun. I'm so happy you are making one. The brooch looks great too! smiley

Thank you!

I'm nearly done. I'm going to do a wiggle dress next, and then I'm going to take a 3D break for a while since my kids will soon be out of school!

edited June 2022
    50s-swing-coat-promo2.png
    1000 x 1167 - 2M
    Post edited by perlk on
  • ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184

Hi Perlk,

I've just downloaded with love, Thank U for this wonderful creation .....my dreams has finally turn true!

I did try to make this outfit in Feb using Blender, but realised I had to learn Blender LOL from the basic....... So, I made an electric piano instead but go stuck on how to unjoin objects (keyboard keys) for months & lost my gained Blender knowledge once I found the solution.

B  yes 

Ha ha! I felt the same way about Blender. The learning curve was so steep. I used Hexagon once back in 2010 and I got the controls stuck in my head, and now I can't seem to get the hang of anything else, LOL. Brain before kids = normal. Brain after kids = basically screwed.

• perlk said:

Ha ha! I felt the same way about Blender. The learning curve was so steep. I used Hexagon once back in 2010 and I got the controls stuck in my head, and now I can't seem to get the hang of anything else, LOL. Brain before kids = normal. Brain after kids = basically screwed.

Have you tried writing the shortcuts on wooden blocks, or spelling them out with alphabet spaghetti?

Richard Haseltine said:

perlk said:

Have you tried writing the shortcuts on wooden blocks, or spelling them out with alphabet spaghetti?

Not yet, but that sounds like a fabulous idea. laugh

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492
    Our daughter sneezed into her alphabetti spaghetti, sending it everywhere once. The only three contiguous letters read 'CAT'. For some reason that came as no surprise at all...

richardandtracy said:

Our daughter sneezed into her alphabetti spaghetti, sending it everywhere once. The only three contiguous letters read 'CAT'. For some reason that came as no surprise at all...

I wonder what it would spell out if the cat sneezed into it?

edited June 2022

Piece 2 of 2 is almost done:

50swiggle-promo.png
    1000 x 1167 - 2M
    Post edited by perlk on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656

The dress and coat will look fabulous together. So 50's, like I remember how the ladies and my mom looked when I was a little girl.

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Wonderful job, perlk. I've downloaded the swing coat. Thank you! The dress looks awesome! yes Love the rendering too!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492
    perlk said:

richardandtracy said:

If it was one of our cats, the word would be unprintable. Their language or really quite dreadful - the contempt that is conveyed by an ear-flick or sidelong glance shows exactly what it'd be like if they could spell.

richardandtracy said:

perlk said:

richardandtracy said:

If it was one of our cats, the word would be unprintable. Their language or really quite dreadful - the contempt that is conveyed by an ear-flick or sidelong glance shows exactly what it'd be like if they could spell.

laugh

DollyGirl said:

The dress and coat will look fabulous together. So 50's, like I remember how the ladies and my mom looked when I was a little girl.

I think I'm going to have to re-release the coat! I feel like the collar on the coat clashes with the dress collar and you might get explosions. I dragged the coat size up to 108% to get it to fit but the sleeves get warped. D'oh!

Capture.JPG
    2279 x 1615 - 216K
    edited June 2022

I finished it - it's now posted at https://www.deviantart.com/perlk/art/Vintage-dforce-wiggle-dress-belt-and-earrings-G8F-919909876

With a 6th test render, I think it works pretty well... 

Not a good day for a drive

50s-wiggle-render.png
    1920 x 1422 - 4M
    Post edited by perlk on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited June 2022

So how did you figure out how to use the coat over the dress?

Love the faux scarf on the bodice. Lovely detail to the dress.

Post edited by DollyGirl on

DollyGirl said:

I re-released the coat with a "Fit wiggle dress" morph. It was all I could do, lol.

And thank you! Thanks to @shadowbox24 for sending me the inspiration, too. This was basically copied from one of her photos she sent me - I'm no fashion designer, ha ha!

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 876

perlk said:

Piece 2 of 2 is almost done:

Lovely dress and what a great render! Downloaded them both now - have to find some time to try them out. My kids are also out for the summer and there always seems to be some yard work to eat up 'free' time. 

>> Brain before kids = normal. Brain after kids = basically screwed.

Yup. I initially thought Mommy Brain was something we suffered through for a few years, but with time it dawned on me that it might be for life... 

perlk said:

DollyGirl said:

I re-released the coat with a "Fit wiggle dress" morph. It was all I could do, lol.

And thank you! Thanks to @shadowbox24 for sending me the inspiration, too. This was basically copied from one of her photos she sent me - I'm no fashion designer, ha ha!

But you did a GREAT job! 

Hi Perlk,

Finally!!  Here are a couple of images of your Swing Coat and Wiggle dress - I hope you like what I have done!

B

PERLK_Wiggle dress SB24.jpg
    995 x 858 - 461K
    PERLK_Wiggle dress SB24 A.jpg
    995 x 858 - 433K

@shadowbox24 - I love it!!!! Also, what hair is that? It's gorgeous.