AOBB's Tough Guy based on Robert Mitchum head morph for G8.1M. No materials nor textures.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited July 2022 in Freebies

Well, some wishes do come true. I received a request for a Robert Mitchum likeness a while ago from @ShadowBox24 and here he is !

Assets used in promo images:

Vintage Male Hair for G8M

LI Crew Cut hair for G8M

Bold Brows (Avg05, Avg07)

Lashes Utilities for G2,3,8F and M

H&C Checkered Shirt Outfit for G8M

Natural Eyes II for G8.1M

BOSS Pro Light Set

Skin material is the base material and textures that come with G8.1M

Noncommercial use only!

As usual, please post your images with this head morph in this thread - I love to see your work! You guys have such imagination and sense of fun! smiley

Enjoy!

AOBB

Tough Guy F.png
502 x 750 - 634K
Tough Guy TQ.png
502 x 750 - 644K
Tough Guy P.png
502 x 750 - 647K
zip
zip
Tough Guy for G8.1M.zip
2M
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219

Very good likeness, well done.smiley

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Thank you, michaeltoo! smiley

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Super job, but your getting his likeness so near I think confirms my suspicion the the DAZ base models foreheads are too short, I think. I don't have a very artistic eye though so maybe I am wrong. 

@nonesuch00 - yes, the DAZ base models' heads aren't very realistic. It's always kind of irritating to reshape them, so the proportions are more accurate. In Mitchum's case, his eyebrows are so high on his forehead that the part of the forehead above them seems relatively short. 

Thanks for liking the sculpt and pushing me to do a better job! yes

In the photo on the right Robert Mitchum's eyes look dark brown. In reality they were indigo blue. I also gave him more of a squint, which would be his normal expression (closer to the picture on the left). I compensated for the shortening of his face in the right photo. It takes a lot of photos to figure out the real shape of someone's face/head...

artworks-000180377948-ftg56l-t500x500.jpg
    500 x 500 - 54K
    Mitchum front rotated.jpg
    460 x 656 - 287K

AOBB said:

@nonesuch00 - yes, the DAZ base models' heads aren't very realistic. It's always kind of irritating to reshape them, so the proportions are more accurate. In Mitchum's case, his eyebrows are so high on his forehead that the part of the forehead above them seems relatively short. 

Thanks for liking the sculpt and pushing me to do a better job! yes

In the photo on the right Robert Mitchum's eyes look dark brown. In reality they were indigo blue. I also gave him more of a squint, which would be his normal expression (closer to the picture on the left). I compensated for the shortening of his face in the right photo. It takes a lot of photos to figure out the real shape of someone's face/head...

His eyebrows are raised as high as he can get them. He is also very slack-jawed in both pictures. I wonder if he habitually did those expressions or he was taught? It did seem common in early Hollywood, like they were taught to do that.

I believe they were definitely taught to do that. For example if you check out Marilyn Monroe's photos, she has her eyebrows jacked up as high as it gets, eyelids are half-closed (she apparently suffered from ptosis) and her mouth is open in virtually every photo. That caused me real problems in establishing the shape of her mouth, jaw shape and eye shape when in neutral position. A very unnatural look, but it apparently worked for her!  I found out while working on her likeness, that all of her expressions and her makeup were masterpieces of marketing her "image". 

It seems that those same techniques were used by men in Hollywood as well.

AOBB said:

I believe they were definitely taught to do that. For example if you check out Marilyn Monroe's photos, she has her eyebrows jacked up as high as it gets, eyelids are half-closed (she apparently suffered from ptosis) and her mouth is open in virtually every photo. That caused me real problems in establishing the shape of her mouth, jaw shape and eye shape when in neutral position. A very unnatural look, but it apparently worked for her!  I found out while working on her likeness, that all of her expressions and her makeup were masterpieces of marketing her "image". 

It seems that those same techniques were used by men in Hollywood as well.

I see what you mean. In her case for the eye brows I think they were painted on high, because I see no forehead creases, but the rest of what you said applies. I still think she has the cutest photos I've even seen. She and her photographers were great at what they did.

I saw a short clip of Jane Russell in a 50s movie recently and oh my gosh, so gorgeously glamourous. I think maybe modern film resolution should be reduced and old Hollywood techniques be given a 2nd look, LOL!

• ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184
    edited July 2022

As Kate Bush would say: WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW!

AOBB, What a pleasent surprise to be greeted by Mr Mitchum this morning and his likeness is sooo spot on ......LOVE THE EYESheart   Thank U & downloaded with love.

Keep-Up the GOOD work!

Much luv - Barbz

Now, I have to find a good suit!.....LOL

Post edited by ShadowBox24 on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

Great job on the head morph

@nonesuch00 - I've read somewhere that those forehead creases in Marilyn's photos where simply "photoshoped" out (I know, I know - of course they did it manually then, because there was no photoshop in the 50s/60s!). Still, I agree with you - Marilyn was as cute as a button and in the more candid photos, she had a childlike vulnerability that just grabs my heart. I also like the soft-focused look of old movies. It certainly helped conceal some physical flaws of the stars. laughwink I believe Jane Russell was in real life Robert Mitchum's next door neighbor and friend!

@ShadowBox24 - please enjoy and you will find good suits here:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mi-two-piece-business-suit-for-genesis-8-and-81-males

https://www.daz3d.com/trading-floor-outfit-for-genesis-3-male-s

@FirstBastion - thank you! smiley

Cheers,

AOBB

• ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184

Hi AOBB,

Well I finally finished Mr Tough Guy, Mr Robert Mitchum ..... I hope you like him.

B

Now I'm gonna try and upload my first image to gallery ....

AOBB - MITCHUM - GM8 ELE 2_SB24.jpg
    1163 x 858 - 383K

Thanks for posting your render @Shadowbox24. He looks like one very happy tough guy. smiley

AOBB said:

@nonesuch00 - I've read somewhere that those forehead creases in Marilyn's photos where simply "photoshoped" out (I know, I know - of course they did it manually then, because there was no photoshop in the 50s/60s!). Still, I agree with you - Marilyn was as cute as a button and in the more candid photos, she had a childlike vulnerability that just grabs my heart. I also like the soft-focused look of old movies. It certainly helped conceal some physical flaws of the stars. laughwink I believe Jane Russell was in real life Robert Mitchum's next door neighbor and friend!

@ShadowBox24 - please enjoy and you will find good suits here:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mi-two-piece-business-suit-for-genesis-8-and-81-males

https://www.daz3d.com/trading-floor-outfit-for-genesis-3-male-s

@FirstBastion - thank you! smiley

Cheers,

AOBB

Yes, I forget they could edit film even way back then. In fact, I have an over 100 year old book of photos of various typically Tyrolean outdoor scenes I bought from my brother-in-law that are hand tinted to be color photos. I have to admire the painstaking patience and detail they endured to do that to so many photos all of which aren't no bigger than 4" x  7".

@nonesuch00 - I used to do photo retouching and restoration and I would colorize old photos - some from WWII. I was using of course scans of the photos and photoshop to do the colorizing but still it was hellish work - so time consuming. In the old days, just one slip of the hand, one color wrong chosen and the photo was ruined! What artistry did it take back then to get the colorizing right! That said, life was much "slower" years ago, so people could afford to take their time and be patient with what they were doing.

I have to say though - I love Photoshop and that you can work on photos in a non-destructive manner. smiley

• I'm going to post this one in the gallery, thought I'd put it here first...

RM Tough Guy PISGN.jpg
    3072 x 1899 - 2M

Thank you, Shadowchaser! smileyyes

• Thank you AOBB for sharing your great work!

I know this has to be very time consuming. Your generosity is appreciated:)

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792
    edited July 2022

As an ammusing side note, I think I accidentally made a cartoonish/characature Robert Mitchum when I was goofing around with magnus1781's Humphry Bogart head morph.

https://www.deviantart.com/luqu/art/Just-Say-No-To-The-Bird-910488875

The guy on the right side in that picture.

Post edited by lukon100 on

lukon100 said:

As an ammusing side note, I think I accidentally made a cartoonish/characature Robert Mitchum when I was goofing around with magnus1781's Humphry Bogart head morph.

https://www.deviantart.com/luqu/art/Just-Say-No-To-The-Bird-910488875

The guy on the right side in that picture.

On the left, that looks more like Warren Beatty.

@lukon100 - Mitchum has such a characteristic head. You got right its sense of mass and the fact that his features look exagerrated. I must say that Mitchum's was the strangest head for me to work on up to date.

@nonesuch00 - I detect some Bogie in the head on the left but not enough. 

• Mark OREZMark OREZ Posts: 75
    edited July 2022

While taking a pause (not really !) on the other image, couldn't resist to make another one.

He told me something like that: "I'm the Tough Guy and I can think harder than you. But remember I wont (sur)render easilly"

202207182232_modif.jpg
    1200 x 1294 - 426K
    Post edited by Mark OREZ on

Looks like Tough Guy rendered pretty good in this image, so I bet you'll get him to look good in the other render with Sweetheart as well! This hair really works much better for him, doesn't it? smiley

• Mark OREZMark OREZ Posts: 75

AOBB said:

Looks like Tough Guy rendered pretty good in this image, so I bet you'll get him to look good in the other render with Sweetheart as well! This hair really works much better for him, doesn't it? smiley

haha I'm laughing. Tough Guy agrees. He prefers this haircut and that's why he was on a bad mood during the last photo shoots. Thank you AOBB you're so kind and helpful.

Tough Guy looks like he just tried a dollop of Imperial Margarine! laugh Your render's very good.

Mark, you are so sweet... blushsmiley

nonesuch00, you are so funny... laugh

• Hi!!!  I just found you in the gallery with your more than perfect work of Marilyn Monroe.

I start looking more of your work and you are giving freebie morphs....Goodness!!!  Thank you so much!!!

I can hardly wait to look through your characters!

You are welcome, Jan_Scrapper. I hope you will have great fun creating renders with those freebies. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and everyone from the Freebies Forum! heart

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Thank you, nonesuch00. Likewise! smiley