Snood Scarf / Neck Gaitor - Gen 8.1 Female

FWDesignFWDesign Posts: 46
edited July 2022 in Freebies

Some time, earlier this year, when I was looking into getting back into Daz3D - after some wildly long hiatus I might add! I started toying around in Marvelous Designer with a snood design. Always wanted to try clothing, having mostly done architecture etc.

Anyway, long story short, It has been sat around on my hard drive for a while, doing nothing. I thought it would be much better used in your hands, than in the grubby hands of the computer gremlins.

It's all correctly UV mapped, and comes with a basic cotton type texture, so absolutely feel free to use your existing cloth textures/shaders on there!

It does follow the majority of face/head morphs. I just never got round to perfecting it precisely - clothing still stumbles me! 

Anyway enough chitter-chatter

File downloand can be found here (in relevant folder structure for manual install), along with the relevant UVmap FWDesign - Snood

Please let me know if/when you use it. Would be great to see what you come up with. Just please DO NOT redistribute commercially

Enjoy

Mike :)

Post edited by FWDesign on

Comments

• love this, thank you!

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697

That's a gaiter.  A "snood" would be a hairnet.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,605

Looks like there is a modern item that also calls it a snood, which is what I see up there

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241

Well, whatever it's called, thank you :-)

• FWDesignFWDesign Posts: 46

nynico_8c2302db09 said:

love this, thank you!

You're very welcome :) 

Eustace Scrubb said:

That's a gaiter.  A "snood" would be a hairnet.

I understand it can go by both names, just more commonly called Snoods here in the UK - not a place anyone would like to be at right now. But politics aside, I have renamed topic accordingly, just so it's easier to establish for everyone.

GhostofMacbeth said:

Looks like there is a modern item that also calls it a snood, which is what I see up there

yes

Catherine3678ab said:

Well, whatever it's called, thank you :-)

You're welcome :)

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492
    It does look good, thanks. I do agree that here in the UK it's called a snood, though I first heard the term only in 2015 or so, when I saw in disbelief footballers (you know, soccer players) wearing them as if they were fashion items. Have become used to them since many used them instead of face masks during the recent pandemic.
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
    edited July 2022

We Yankees call 'em "neck gaiters" (as opposed to regular gaiters for one's boots:  also called, aptly, "Spatterdashes" per Wikipedia). 

As Catherine said, thank you, whatever the name it goes by.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neck_gaiter
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaiters
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snood_(headgear) <-- This one's about hairnets, except for the paragraph on Association Football, which gives no indication except for a link for "neck warmers" (at time of link) that the word's not always used for hairnets.  Sometimes Wikipedia really is worth every farthing.

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,307

@FWDesign welcome back to the world of modelling, and thank you for the snood.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,700

Thanks for sharing