Can no longer show compatible content after update

VolvoB10MVolvoB10M Posts: 122
edited July 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion

After the latest update DAZ Studio has changed so now content shows only the base generic content when asset is selected instead of showing assets compatable with the selected asset like it used to, so either having to deselect to show all or deselect context but this shows everything and it is longer to search everything for compatible items. Is there a way to switch it over so you don't have to search through every package to find compatible items?

Post edited by VolvoB10M on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

I haven't noticed any differences.

Is it for all items it doesn't work?

There was a case where some metadata was messed up, but that was only for particular items.

• VolvoB10MVolvoB10M Posts: 122

It seems to affect everything. When I select a character in the scene it is supposed to show all compatible items that work with that asset, but it only shows starter essentials and generic items rather than everything that is supposed to be compatible with the G8F character.

• What are your settings in Smart Content? How about other items - does it show materials for a clothing item if you have that selected in the scene, for example?

edited July 2022

It only shows a few generic items when selected the character, I am not given materials as it does not show the item product in the menu. These are installed as they show if I turn off context but that shows everything so I end up either with the wrong generation or taking too long to reach the correct item. I have no tools to change the program parameters and there seems there is nothing in the studio I can find.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664
    edited July 2022

Select you character in the scene tab, then click on the little hamburger icon in the corner of the scene tab & select Edit - Scene Identification,  In the window that pops up find the entry for Compatability Base & click on the 3 dots to the right of the entry & select the correct base for that figure,  This will reset the figures base to the correct one.

Next click anywhere on the screen so nothing is selected,  what for the Smart Content to refresh,  Click on your figure to re-selection it and the Smart Content should then show compatible items like normal.

Post edited by Platnumk on

Does that have to be done on each product seperately or would that associate all items to one generation?

VolvoB10M said:

Does that have to be done on each product seperately or would that associate all items to one generation?

you just need to do it on the base figure you have got loaded into the scene 

Does the default reset every time the figure is loaded?

VolvoB10M said:

Does the default reset every time the figure is loaded?

As far as I can remember you only need to do it the once 

edited August 2022

Nothing has changed even after readding the content back in again. I am back to the same as in the first place. I place the figure then with the placed object selected I go to select compatabile files and nothing shows up, so the only option is to have everything show and spend time going through everything and chance the wrong incompatible parts (hair, wardrobe, etc) to add to figure. I tried this again with a different series and different figure in multiple new scenes and still it is showing the same as before, I can either view nothing or everything on the base of the context box on or off.

All figures have the base set to G8F but it doesn't make any difference as if there are no compatible addons installed.

edited August 3

It is acting the same again for new content, some will show when I have a G8F selected but the wereables item is not listed but if I look through the full list with nothing selected it is there and shows options for G8 and G8.1

I have done the exact procedure again and nothing happens, once character is selected the items do not appear in the menu.