WIP, version 3, finished

2»

Comments

• BronzeDragonBronzeDragon Posts: 381
    edited August 2022

No volunteers, I went ahead with it.

Final version should be available tomorrow, 4 Aug 2022 at Rendo Freebies. Here is what they look like. If you have any problems please let me know, here or there.

Post edited by BronzeDragon on
  • Thank you :-)

• Looks terrifically good. A real retro-futuristic vibe from it. Sleek and very nice. Regards, Richard.
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Reminds me of those old sci-fi B movies. Great fun! smiley

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited August 2022

Textures can make or break an asset.

Your changes made tons of improvement.

It got me thinking, maybe do a "Texture Contest" for your asset.  If the contestants allow their textures to be given away for free as a "Free Texture add-on", you might get interesting results.

I'll put my money where my mouth is and offer a $20 gift card (to winner choice of either daz/rendo/render) as a prize, if you are game.....?

Post edited by Chumly on
  • Chumly said:

Textures can make or break an asset.

Your changes made tons of improvement.

It got me thinking, maybe do a "Texture Contest" for your asset.  If the contestants allow their textures to be given away for free as a "Free Texture add-on", you might get interesting results.

I'll put my money where my mouth is and offer a $20 gift card (to winner choice of either daz/rendo/render) as a prize, if you are game.....?

Chumly,

Thanks very much. As for the textures making the asset better or not, you have to remember that by providing it, I must take into account that not all users will have all the different shaders that are available. Therefore I stick with the ones that all DAZ users should have. The standard DAZ Uber IRAY and the sample materials from nVidia that are supplied with Studio. I'm very badly incapable of creating my own shaders to suppy with the model so I'm forced to use just those that every one should have. Considering what I had to work with, I'm very glad you liked it.

As for a contest, I'm not sure if there would be many people interested. It's only been downloaded 129 time (as of this post), and some of them might not even come here to DAZ. In fact none of my models usually gets over 350 downloads, except for the earrings I did last year, those are over 1050 downloads.

The contest is ok with me, but since I don't do multiple shaders for any of my models (I don't know how, except fully redone models and then uploaded as such. Would make for very very large files), I would not be able to enter. Besides, it probably be better that way, since I made it. Would you be the judge if you do it, and/or get some others to help if they do not want to parcipatate? Also the shaders entered should be freely be given away and should not require anyone having to find and download some else's shader sets. If you read the readme file you'll note that I did suggest people uploading shaders if they got good ones. That's a standard in the readme in all my models, but so far noone has done it.

Go ahead if you'd like. I don't mind at all. Wish I could help with the prize but as an old person living on social security and medicare some months can be tight. I rely on freebies alot, that's the one reason I try to do some payback if I can, cause there may be others like me that can't spend alot. Maybe some others here might be interested in helping out, even if  it's only a couple of bucks each.

I can say that this is one of the most unusual comments I ever seen (let alone had). So thanks.

BronzeDragon