Disposable Ballpoint Pens

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492
edited August 2022 in Freebies

I feel like I'm going to a meeting of the AA, standing up and saying 'I have to confess that I have modelled up some disposable ballpoint pens.'. Just one fill, and then throw away; how wasteful. And how ubiquitous. As a confirmed fountain pen user, I never use these pens, and I actually had to borrow one off a colleague so I could check sizes, confirm manufacturing assumptions and relative dimensions - I've since returned it ;). They are a marvel of precision, high volume manufacturing, but on a personal level, I prefer the way a fountain pen can be re-used for more than a century (I have, and use, 4 fountain pens that are more than a century old) and mould its writing style to match your way of doing things.

Most households have a few of these pens. Many have a lot. So, please find attached a model of the pen and cap, four ink colours, a yellow body colour as well as clear. There are two wearable presets for G8F, in left and right hands. And, finally, there is the disposable pen equivalent of the Fountain Pen Tidy, a number of pens dropped randomly into a glass (my hazelnut chocolate spread glass - which is a required download for that scene subset, and this use is the reason why I started on the glass). This 'pen tidy' epitomises the sophistication of the disposable ballpoint pen.

The ink level has a lower morph, set in cm to a maximum of 9cm for when the pen is virtually empty.

Anyway, hope you like it.

Regards,

Richard.

Ballpoint Pen Promo.jpg
1200 x 800 - 218K
zip
zip
Ballpoint Pen.zip
2M
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• Super!heart

• Those pens are indeed everywhere, aren't they? Thank you very much!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,842
    They look real!
  • barbult said:
    They look real!

I am so pleased. Looking close to real was the effect I was aiming for. Thanks.

Regards,

Richard

• WebsoulWebsoul Posts: 221

Thanks, great prop. I should just toss it in Ultrascatter and it would be a real home situation :)

• mariannermarianner Posts: 93
    edited August 2022

There are a lot of of them here, but mostly other models I think. It is the grave of a Danish writer, Dan Turèll, in Copenhagen.

IMG_0555L.jpg
    800 x 617 - 341K
    Post edited by marianner on
  • Err. That's really quite odd. I can see a few pencils and propelling pencils in that lot too. Regards, Richard.
  • Thank you, I go through a lot of those lol ...