V4 clothing on G3F - tutorial

FamilyUFamilyU Posts: 38
edited December 1969 in Freebies

I did a little test to get V4 clothing on G3F.

I tried with a couple of items and it seem to work.

It might require 'Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female', can't remember if auto fit V4 to G2F is standard.

Requires: G2F and G2F

V4ClothingOnG3F_2.PNG
695 x 876 - 284K
V4ClothingOnG3F_1.PNG
701 x 801 - 170K

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited December 1969

michaelu said:
    It might require 'Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female', can't remember if auto fit V4 to G2F is standard.
    Yes, it will require 'V4 for G2F', G2F only has a Genesis clone by default.
    Well, or you could do it in 3 steps and autofit first from V4 to Genesis, then from Genesis to Genesis 2, and from Genesis 2 to Genesis 3.
  • SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Wow thank you so much, very good tutorial very helpful!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited June 2015

Leana said:
    michaelu said:
    Well, or you could do it in 3 steps and autofit first from V4 to Genesis, then from Genesis to Genesis 2, and from Genesis 2 to Genesis 3.

The more steps the more chance of the mesh being distorted.

I would actually do it just using the Gen2F clone. I would probably also take it a step further and create a fix morph in Zbrush but it's not really needed in this case.

The first render it has been autofitted using the gen2F clone no smoothing modifer added (no collision added)

Second and third renders are after a smoothing modifier has been added but no smoothing actually dialled in.

There is a slight distortion in the front of the dress but is fairly minor...and could be dealt with by dialling in smoothing.

fitted_using_gen2_clone_smoothing_modifier_applied_front.png
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    fitted_using_gen2_clone_smoothing_modifier_applied.png
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    fitted_using_gen2_clone.png
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Leana said:
    michaelu said:

I would actually do it just using the Gen2F clone. I would probably also take it a step further and create a fix morph in Zbrush but it's not really needed in this case.

The first render it has been autofitted using the gen2F clone no smoothing modifer added (no collision added)

Second and third renders are after a smoothing modifier has been added but no smoothing actually dialled in.

There is a slight distortion in the front of the dress but is fairly minor...and could be dealt with by dialling in smoothing.

Hi Pendraia, please forgive my cluelessness in this area, but could you clarify what you did when you say you used the g2F clone?
    Are you saying use auto fit direct onto G3F for the V4 item and choose G2F as the source? Or is it more complicated than that?
    And when you say you applied smoothing, is that applied to the G3F figure or to the dress?
    This is something that I've never quite got the hang of and now with a whole new generation, I'm thinking I need to learn. Thanks :)

edited December 1969

Redz said:
    Pendraia said:
    Leana said:
    michaelu said:

Hi Pendraia, please forgive my cluelessness in this area, but could you clarify what you did when you say you used the g2F clone?
    Are you saying use auto fit direct onto G3F for the V4 item and choose G2F as the source? Or is it more complicated than that?
    And when you say you applied smoothing, is that applied to the G3F figure or to the dress?
    This is something that I've never quite got the hang of and now with a whole new generation, I'm thinking I need to learn. Thanks :)

No problem....dress was autofitted using the gen 2f clone provided with genesis 3. Smoothing modifier was added to the dress.
    Select the dress in the scene tab. You can access edit by either right clicking on the tab name or the little triangle.

From memory its edit/geometry/apply smoothing modifier. Sorry I'm posting this on my tablet as my daughter is playing skyrim on my computer.

I've been using my v4 clone to fit gen 2f clothing to Dawn for a while so I thought I'd try it in reverse with genesis 3.

Is worked for the things I've tried so far and as with any auto fit clothing some works better than others.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Redz said:
    Pendraia said:
    Leana said:
    michaelu said:

No problem....dress was autofitted using the gen 2f clone provided with genesis 3. Smoothing modifier was added to the dress.
    Select the dress in the scene tab. You can access edit by either right clicking on the tab name or the little triangle.

From memory its edit/geometry/apply smoothing modifier. Sorry I'm posting this on my tablet as my daughter is playing skyrim on my computer.

I've been using my v4 clone to fit gen 2f clothing to Dawn for a while so I thought I'd try it in reverse with genesis 3.

Is worked for the things I've tried so far and as with any auto fit clothing some works better than others.
    Great thanks so much :) I'll give this a try.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Where do you find this clone?  Is it in a drop down somewhere with G3F/Vic7?  How do I find it in DS4.8P?  Thx.

When you fit an outfit to Genesis 3 and it is not made for her autofit should pop up. This can happen either through having the figure selected prior to loading the outfit in which case it will automatically pop up or by selecting the item and going to misc under the parameters tab and fitting the item to genesis3.

The top box asks what figure was this item originally designed for...if you click on unsupported a new box pops up which has unsupported and genesis 2 female in it. If you click on genesis 2 female and then choose the type of item from the second box and then click okay it should fit the item to genesis 3.

If you then select the item in the scene tab and add a smoothing modifier it should work like the images above. Not every item will be perfect...it never is with autofit but it will often get you close enough when using smoothing. I personally tend to export the autofit item to a modelling program and create a morph for any issues and then save the finished object. For example the little distortion in the front of the above image. I prefer this to smoothing as you can lose details when using smoothing. 

• launoklaunok Posts: 793

I would love to follow this tutorial but currently all images are broken.  I hope the new forum which they are working on will resolve this soon.  Thank you any way for tutorial!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited July 2015

There are only two images in the first post, can you not see them?

I know some people are having problems, but I think it must be a browser problem, or some other factor.   I am using Win 7 with IE11, and all the images appear for me, or are there more that I am not seeing?

Edit:

I see the problem now, I can see the images, but when I click on them, I get Page Not Found, sorry, I really must try harder sad

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on

Jimmy on my side all images on all the new posted threads currently are broken.   I only see a white box with a small blocky image thing in the top left corner.  And I also get the 'page not found' when clicking thereon. But I am sure this should be resolved when they are finished working on new forums.

Images are now showing! Thank you.

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

I have enjoyed and used this tip so much that I wanted to come and thank you again :)

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 873

was always curious if something like this would work, but I was to  lazy to try . . thank you

Unfortunately for me, I do not have the V4 clone for G2F,  so I had to do it starting with G1F, then to G2F, then to G3F.  so far it's worked wonderfully. Just would like to save the fit after I do it, don;t really want to have to that every time I want to get the same clothes on, on a later time 

Again thank you yes

• The genital/hip/thigh area of G3F works differently to previous models, it seams to morph with movement of the legs. Great feature but makes the pants for other figures weirdly deform. 

So, my question is has anyone managed to get V4 (or G1/G2) pants and underwear to fit to G3F properly?

edited October 2015

I've noticed that sometimes you get a small amount of pokethru that collision doesn't work for which I just add a push modifier at .1 to fix. Also with some leg poses there is a bit of mesh distortion that look like they need jcm's for the clothing. I haven't looked to see if Gen3 has jcm's for those poses but if they do it might be that the morphs need copying to the clothing. I'm assuming this is for your own use and not for distribution. To be honest I haven't used Gen 3 much as so far I haven't bought many things for her. I love the base character but so far haven't been impressed with the characters or the hair on offer so far. I did buy the teen figure and skyler though.

I just tried transfering the jcm's with the transfer utility but that doesn't fix the problem with the mesh distortion. I think that would maybe require so weight map editing.

darkwoods.png
    600 x 848 - 697K
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • I've found that auto-fitting V4/Genesis clothes to G2F and then G3F usually works, depending on the quality of the original clothing.

• Leana said:

hey guys i'm sorry i might sound way off the subject but i already tried that but its seem a bit off so i wanted to get the v4 and i did but whenever i install it doesnt show i installed everything from victoria 4.2 pro bundle but i cant find it in my smart content nor the content library 

any help would be greatly appreciated

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,144

I think Autofit might be broken.  I don't remember ever having this issue before:

autofit broke.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 364K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

I've been doing this for a while now. I didn't realize it was anything special. lol I just load G2F next to G3F. Load the clothes first to G2F then Fit To G3F. It definitely requires Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female. :) 

Now if only I could do it for dude clothes. lol I suppose I need "Wear Them All" for that. :) I've been wanting that for a while but have waiting for it to go on sale.

Leana said:

hey guys i'm sorry i might sound way off the subject but i already tried that but its seem a bit off so i wanted to get the v4 and i did but whenever i install it doesnt show i installed everything from victoria 4.2 pro bundle but i cant find it in my smart content nor the content library 

any help would be greatly appreciated

That's very odd. I've installed the pro bundle and everything shows up for me. I'm not sure why it's not showing up for you. :( I wish I could help. 

• thanks divamakeup eventho i cant find v4 until now but i can use familyu trick

but how do u guys do it if it was skin?

i got this skin today, i thought it was a full outfit but it was on the skin https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/the-super-gals/115947

any help?

thanks divamakeup eventho i cant find v4 until now but i can use familyu trick

i got this skin today, i thought it was a full outfit but it was on the skin https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/the-super-gals/115947

any help?

If a product says "second skin" then it's an "outfit" painted on the skin. You'll need to replace the skin textures with the product textures in the "surfaces" tab. However the product developer usually provides a one click option for applying the second skin (this should be the case with most second skin products - however I've not tried that particular product that you linked, so I can't be sure). My best advice is, if you can't figure out how to apply it, then contact the person who made it. It looks like Rendo user " Darkworld " made it. You should be able to contact him there. :)

• divamakeup said:

thanks divamakeup eventho i cant find v4 until now but i can use familyu trick

any help?

If a product says "second skin" then it's an "outfit" painted on the skin. You'll need to replace the skin textures with the product textures in the "surfaces" tab. However the product developer usually provides a one click option for applying the second skin (this should be the case with most second skin products - however I've not tried that particular product that you linked, so I can't be sure). My best advice is, if you can't figure out how to apply it, then contact the person who made it. It looks like Rendo user " Darkworld " made it. You should be able to contact him there. :)

thanks for replying quickly

well its a one click apply, and i cant seem to find the outfit in "SCENE"

and one more thing lets say i got a v4 hair how can i make it fit to g3f

thanks again

• can anyone please help me i have a skin for v4 i asked the developer but he said he only works on poser and doesnt know anything about daz3d

can anyone help me fitting it on genesis 3 female

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

If you want to use a V4 skin on G3F, first you will need this product: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-v4/113767/

If the material pose is in Poser format you will also need to re-save it in DS format: to do that load V4, apply the skin to her, then save a DS material preset.

• I believe you misunderstood the explanation.
    A second skin is a texture mat, the only place it appears is on the surfaces tab.
    It will not show up on the scene tab.

You apply it by clicking on the figure in the scene, then click on the mat pose icon in your inventory.
    If the pose file is set up correctly, your done. If not you will need to apply it by way of the surfaces tab.

Most poser mat files work fine in DStudio.

• Is it possible to build a "V4 for G2f clone" with GenX2 with the right plugins?

Is it possible to build a "V4 for G2f clone" with GenX2 with the right plugins?

If all you need is the clone, there is already a product that has that: http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

I have it and it works great for getting V4 clothing onto G2F (and then G3F via autofit). :)

• SPadhi89SPadhi89 Posts: 170

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS A BUNCH :) saved me an evening!

I found this thread after wasting one whole afternoon and skipping lunch.. me noob :P