Fixing MD .obj files without MD Tutorial

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241
edited August 2022 in Freebies

Okay, got permission to provide instructions on how to fix what is likely a popular item for the "adult" crowd HOWEVER an .obj is an .obj. The how to fix them for use in Daz Studio pointers would apply to any clothing .obj file [more or less].

So, while I edit and paste the images together those interested in following along, the article of clothing is "Panties for Genesis 8 Female" in "Matkarimov Davran" shop at ArtStation. Do NOT purchase the item, get the free one.

When this item was first released, the extended license was USD400. It is now less than 10 dollars. The USD400 price was not a typo -- it was for one person who was purchasing copyright. I don't have all the details but my thinking is that the free one should be safe for personal use only. IF any kind lawyer is reading this and wants to say something, please use the PM system, thank you.

Update: Images are edited, so in the next day or two the tutorial will be uploaded to Renderosity so hopefully by Friday it will be available.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241
    edited September 2022

The tutorial has been uploaded to Renderosity

I used an image editor to fix the textures, Daz Studio obviously and Hexagon {naturally}.

Additional notes some may require:

To weld, click one line that is to be moved, "w" on the keyboard, then click the receiving line. Done.

One can take a line and pull it to check if it is welded to another, then use Edit > Undo to have the line returned to its precise position before being pulled.

Fixing MD promo.png
    857 x 1000 - 392K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on