My "self created freebies" :-) 10 Aug - new tut idea

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited August 2015 in Freebies

Or ... ST Fanart 2015 re-booted 'cause I like posts I can edit ... because nothing normally stays posted forever.

Today's upload include 2 items.

One is a clothing item for Genesis called a "SilverNose" ... to create a character found in a novel used in a hologram by Captain Picard on the Enterprise E.

Link retired

The other is a section of corridor similar to one of the several types of corridors found on the Enterprise E. It is possible that in reality both sides were not the same but in my model they are.

Link retired

SilverNose for Genesis promo.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 113K
Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited August 2015

Some more "self-created" ... well I did have a little help but hay!

Here's a summer dress suitable for children too. Link retired

And here is another set of painted skin tones: DA Link

promo.png
    767 x 827 - 31K
    edited July 2015

And the last for July:

We have "Unit A" which is a section of corridor following along the ST theme. i.e. Fanart, non-commercial use only.

link retired

The D/S prop file is static. Zero opacity to "see through" the doors, etc.

The .cr2 files work in both D/S and Poser. I did not do anything fancy, just slapped on a legacy rig purpose being so we have a "tree" with the ability to show/hide various sections.

btw - hiding items in the scene and exporting out an .obj file is NOT recommended. D/S is copying way more than the shown object(s).

uvmapped ... works well with many shaders. No textures or shaders, etc. included.

edited August 2015

For those asking, Unit A is an "end piece" for a "corridor intersection" of corridors. The rest is WIP waiting for the heat wave(s) to calm down as the mat files require fixing. Apparently having different groups using the same shading domain in Hexagon triggered one of Hexie's auto-fix features.

Found an hour!!! For a request have added a few more shading domains to the Unit A. Also fixed the twist bones.

The updated .cr2 file is now here:  Link retired

A few more textures have been added to my Textures folder at DA.

Also, some "different perspective" views of a pigeon ;-)  Bird folder These may be used for reference, etc. Enjoy :-)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009

Or ... ST Fanart 2015 re-booted 'cause I like posts I can edit ... because nothing normally stays posted forever.

One is a clothing item for Genesis called a "SilverNose" ... to create a character found in a novel used in a hologram by Captain Picard on the Enterprise E.

DA Link

The other is a section of corridor similar to one of the several types of corridors found on the Enterprise E. It is possible that in reality both sides were not the same but in my model they are.

DA Link

Will also work for the silver nose of the villain in "Cat Ballou" which is one of my favorite movies.   

atticanne said:

DA Link

DA Link

Will also work for the silver nose of the villain in "Cat Ballou" which is one of my favorite movies.   

Oh wonderful :-)

I have taken down my tutorials and models for now as RL is rather busy and if RL takes down the satellites I do not like having fanart left in limbo. The tutorials, well ... gee, the programs keep changing the workflows.

That last bout with V4 on G3 was rather disasterous. For long distance views, if one has V4 for G2, one can use the clone they made following Kattey's tut to get a G2V4lookinglikeG3 "clothing" item on G3 but the head is ... well ... keep the mouth shut. [the lips glue together]. I tried to hide the head on one and use V4 face uvmap on G3 [one I had made] ... and I dunno what happened but let's just say the end result could not be posted here because of TOS. It wasn't pretty. One has to run a test workflow BEFORE spending oodles of time for anything like a morph OR uvmaps for G3 as it is finicky. ? why or what is going on BUT not all .obj exports are equal, and most will not result in a usable morph/uv file. One of the exports actually unwelded many of the normals [assuming they were welded of course in the first place]. I don't know why/what that export did what it did, but even just welding the uvmap faces back together resulted in a no-go file. [it should not have mattered]. So ... the "best" way to get a morphable figure of G3 is to throw it over the Bridge to Hexagon. Possibly one could export it from Hexagon, import it into another modeler, do something, export it out. Import it back into Hexagon and throw it back over the Bridge to D/S. I have not tried this with G3. Somehow I don't think Sculptris is going to do a uvmap.

Taking a slightly different approach for "creating sets" in response to several requests from "very beginner" creators. So don't expect "Stonemason quality" here ;-)

This is the link for my Tutorial Folder at DA. atm there is One, one page starter tutorial for an idea on creating some fantasy moon sets. I have included the photo used. It was flipped and tilted and arranged ... and while thoughts crossed my mind for "what kind of an interior it might have" ... didn't I find a pretty good match for it in, I think it was an airport in LA of all places lol ....

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009

I haven't even tried using GF3.  There are still so many things I want to do with V4, Genesis, and the G2s.  I'll have to check out your DA, but first I have to get ready for my new roomers to move in.