a VCR! - Like the kind you saw ON or UNDER a TV

Comments

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850

"Please be kind and rewind!" Thanks for the contribution.

--MW

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

does it come in Beta as well as VHS?

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

I couln't figure out how to make a white logo texture work when the surface was glossy back to begin with, the VHS logos are modeled. Has any company made one of these after 2011?

• Philips and several other major manufacturers still make VHS/DVD combo players, but definitely getting harder to find.

I couln't figure out how to make a white logo texture work when the surface was glossy back to begin with, the VHS logos are modeled. Has any company made one of these after 2011?

• LimunLimun Posts: 182

Thank you

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Cool.  (Ironically, I have 5 VCRs in my tech room, and this isn't any of the models I have :( )

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Did you try making a separate material zone the size and shape of the decal? Some devices have Tampo printed (pad printing) logos and symbols, but as they became more obsolete, manufactures wasted less effort, so many just got decals or in the case of FF, Rev, Stop, etc. you just have a molded in detail symbol... Sometimes raised, sometimes indented... 

TMI... hu?   I've made too many stupid prototype device buttons for client projects... Booooooooooooring stuff.

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605

TV tops also used to accomodate cats

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    mCasual said:

My cat has upgraded to cable boxes and DVD players.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited July 2015
    mCasual said:

I thought they were for penguins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObGuiCgfROw

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited July 2015

McGyver
    At some point I simply hang my head and say "you win again computer, you always win.". Then I sad eat a box Entemanns fried chocolate doughnuts.

@mCasual and Fixmypcmike 
    My cat has discovered the laptop is not only a heating blanket it's also got keys that can be gnawed off and used like hockey pucks across the kitchen floor.

@ mjc1016 "They stamp them when they're small!" 

Post edited by StratDragon on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

my late cat Felix managed to walk along the top of the plasma, it swayed wildly on its stand though and I panicked, he was a chubby cat.