Mystic Knot Earrings For Genesis 2 Female

luxxeonluxxeon Posts: 18

Elegant pair of Celtic-style knotted earrings in OBJ file format, including a left and right object selection. The (POSER).obj files have been scaled to fit perfectly to the "Genesis 2 Base Female" character upon import, in Daz|Studio 4.x. Simply select "File/Import" from within Daz Studio, then navigate to the folder on your hard drive that contains the models in this pack. Choose the "(POSER).obj". In the Import Options dialogue box, choose the Poser (1unit=8ft) option in the "FROM" dropdown list. Be sure all other options are checked, and click "Accept". Feel free to contact me if you have any issues. I stand behind all my models, including the freebies.

Download from ShareCG.com
or
Download from Renderosity Freestuff

preview_DA.jpg
1183 x 1187 - 299K

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Good to see you releasing interesting stuff again. I already got this earlier tonight. Looks good rendered in Iray, as well.

• luxxeonluxxeon Posts: 18

Good to see you releasing interesting stuff again. I already got this earlier tonight. Looks good rendered in Iray, as well.

Thank you so much.  I'm really glad you like them.  Did they import nicely for you?  I'm working on creating some native file formats of my products, but for now, I am scaling the OBJ's to import into place on the default posed characters.  Then you just need to parent them to the appropriate node.  Hopefully, it worked properly for you.  I'll have another earring set released this weekend.  Thanks again! 

• I've been picking up your obj's for some time now, you make some interesting and well modeled stuff. Nice work & thanks for posting.

No, no problems at all. Importing into D|S was straightforward enough, and as I always re-save .obj props as proper File Assets, it's something I only need to do once. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

• Luxxeon, I wasn't ever drawn to add jewelry for a figure, until I saw this design. It's stunning! But I don't know why it's not importing properly for me. I'm using DS 4.8, the free version, and I'm pretty new at this. But when I select to import the POSER file, as instructed in the Readme file, the scale percentage goes to 2340% or something similar, and the axes are all wrong. What am I missing? I'd systematically test the axis inversion options, but it's moot if I don't know the proper scale conversion factor to input. Thanks --     : )

John A

edited August 2015

Thank you very much, none01ohone!  Glad to hear they worked out well for you, Spottedkitty!

Luxxeon, I wasn't ever drawn to add jewelry for a figure, until I saw this design. It's stunning! But I don't know why it's not importing properly for me. I'm using DS 4.8, the free version, and I'm pretty new at this. But when I select to import the POSER file, as instructed in the Readme file, the scale percentage goes to 2340% or something similar, and the axes are all wrong. What am I missing? I'd systematically test the axis inversion options, but it's moot if I don't know the proper scale conversion factor to input. Thanks --     : )

John A

Hi, John.  Did you import the models using the Poser preset settings in the OBJImportOptions menu, which should pop up after selecting the model?

In the OBJImportOptions dialogue, under "Convert To DazStudio" parameters, choose the From: POSER (1 unit = 8ft) option, which should set the scale conversion to 24384%.  All axis checkboxes should be left blank, or unchecked, so X=X, Y=Y, Z=Z.  Read Groups, Read UV Coordinates, and all other options beneath should be checked.  Of course, your scene should have a Genesis 2 Female, in default T Pose, for the objects to import onto.  The earrings should then import properly, with these settings, and appear in-place on her ears.  You can simply parent them to her head node from there.  Once you have them in place, you can save them as native props I believe, for loading in other scenes.

Let me know if this helps.  I'll include this information in future Readme texts.

Post edited by luxxeon on
    luxxeon said:
    Once you have them in place, you can save them as native props I believe, for loading in other scenes.

<nod> That's what I do — File>Save As>Support Asset>Figure/Prop Asset will save the whole thing directly into your Content Library as proper D|S native-format files.

Note one neat trick; if you save like that while the earrings are parented to the figure's head, they save as a "wearable", which is the D|S equivalent of the Poser "smart prop". This means when you re-load them, they're also parented to the head of whichever figure in your scene you have selected. You can also save wearable files for any other figure, not just G2F — as the two sides are separate props, all you need to do is move them around on the head before saving. And as the wearable file itself is only a mass of pointers and presets (mesh data and any applied textures are stored somewhere else) they're quite small, so there's really no appreciable overhead to having multiple wearable presets for each of your figures that aren't close to G2M's size or shape.

That's a great tip, SpottedKitty!  I've been getting my feet wet in converting all my freebies (retroactive and future releases) for native Daz Studio support, as native file format props.  In the near future, I plan to distribute some of my first Daz specific models, for free.  They will all be new items, not seen before, and exclusively for Daz Studio use.  I don't own Poser, and have no immediate plans to get it, so unfortunately, I can't do the same for that package.  However, I do have some friends who will help me release items for that package specifically as well.