Mimic PZ2 to Genesis Converter

I have written a stand-alone program to convert PZ2 files generated in Mimic using Victoria 4 (the only figure that I can get to work properly) into files for Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3, Genesis 8 & 8.1 and Genesis 9, in DUF format.

Unfortunately the sound file is not included in the new file and has to be added manually.

There are 32bit and 64bit versions included.

These are Windows only.

zip
zip
Mimic_PZ2 to Genesis Converter.zip
5M

Comments

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340
    edited November 2022

Which "Mimic" are you using?

.dmc files for Mike/Victoria 1-4 and Genesis-Genesis 8 already exist and all appear to work using DAZ Studio 32-bit lip sync.

A .dmc would be very welcome for Genesis 9, though.

Post edited by wsterdan on
  • jdfoxjdfox Posts: 38

wsterdan said:

Which "Mimic" are you using?

.dmc files for Mike/Victoria 1-4 and Genesis-Genesis 8 already exist and all appear to work using DAZ Studio 32-bit lip sync.

A .dmc would be very welcome for Genesis 9, though.

I'm using Mimic Pro and Studio 64bit, but I've never obtained a satisfactory lip sync with genesis 1-8 .dmc files provided. I generate a pz2 file using Victoria 4 and then use my program to convert to a Genesis .duf file.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

Ah, thanks for the info. I've been using the 32-bit lip sync built-in, but maybe I'll reinstall Mimic Pro and see how it holds up. Asmy Mimic Pro's only 32-bit, it'll have to be run on one of my older machines.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

thanks

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

wsterdan said:

Ah, thanks for the info. I've been using the 32-bit lip sync built-in, but maybe I'll reinstall Mimic Pro and see how it holds up. Asmy Mimic Pro's only 32-bit, it'll have to be run on one of my older machines.

hi - mimic pro should work fine on any win64 system. I use it on win10 64bit home regularly without issue.

(and thanks to the original author for this treat!)

--ms

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035

this sounds great as the lipsync is definitely inferior to Mimic generated animation 

I do use the Carrara Mimic plugin but I only can export the bone movements not the morphs with it as BVH for studio they do however work on even Genesis 9 especially which uses the bone based FACS