Mary Jane Hair

JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Next up from me, here's Mary Jane hair:

https://sharecg.com/v/99758/view/5/3D-Model/Mary-Jane-Hair

Similar to the others I've posted so far, this is a Carrara strand based hairstyle which is attached to an invisible mesh which is rigged to conform to Genesis 1.  This is made for use in Carrara, but because there has been interest, in future I will explore options of turning these hairstyles into obj hairs which could potentially be used in Studio too. There is a free plugin by Philemo that converts Carrara strand hair into an actual obj that can be rendered outside of Carrara. That said, I don't really know how to use it, but in future I'm planning to attempt to learn how to use it to turn these hairstyles into something that is Studio-friendly. I don't know how well it works or how much expertise it will take to do the conversion, and I won't be able to get to experimenting to find out til well after the current Christmas season. For those who don't want to wait, if you already have Carrara you can find Philemo's hair converter plugin (and some discussion on how to use it) here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/197821/philemo-plugin-dynamic-hair-to-mesh

This one's a pretty simple longer hairstyle with bangs parted towards the right side (or left side I guess, if it's from the character's perspective?)  I think I mentioned I went through a 'bangs' phase early on when learning how to create hairstyles in Carrara, so this is another hairstyle reflected that.  :)

Comes with 22 shaders for lots of different color options.  Merry Christmas!  :)

Comments

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

I like that. I hope this gets converted for use in Daz Studio some day.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

lukon100 said:

I like that. I hope this gets converted for use in Daz Studio some day.

That's definitely my intention :)  I was perusing some 'how-to' instructions on the converter, looks like it shouldn't be too difficult.  (famous last words....  :)