Face Morphs G3F

nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
edited September 2015 in Freebies

My first attempt at morphs that actually seem to work.

They are to alter the eyes individually; size and position, as well as a morph for eye brows, cheek and mouth. I may do more as or if I need them.

I created them as the new excellent Face Morph packages available for G3F didn't contain similar morphs, unlike what was available for G2F.

New Link containing additional morphs(01/09/2015):

http://fav.me/d97zi30

(02/09/2015) Updated the zip file with the full path for the content and removed the old morphs.

Post edited by nicstt on

Comments

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

Thank you for this 

• selias19selias19 Posts: 253

Thank you very much.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Welcome; hope they prove useful.

• F.Y.I. I'm not sure how to move the morphs to a 'category', tho the 'face' category may be a good start rather then just 'actor'. There has been some occasional odd behavior with some morphs being 'invoked' when a pose preset is applied to the figure, with the pose just in the root shaping category. Why is not understood, just that it happens.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/58556/g3f-pose-duf-invoking-a-shaping-dial-glitch-malfunction

The unique coloring is a nice touch (I've tried doing similar around a year ago in my n00b-ness, and it would not save the color for some odd reason). The Mouth twist and the Cheek Height is incredibly nice. I'm Still looking at combinations.

Thanks for the feedback and the link; I'll check it out, and as I've got an idea for another couple, I'll move them to face too. And yeh I like the twist on the mouth, it's a great way of affecting the symetry. It was the only way I could think of that was easy to implement; all the geometry only just behind the surface is seriously scary. :)

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited August 2015

Yea, I'm being really carful just where the D-form fields are going with what I'm doing. I have a face in mind, and no morphs to make some of the features happen on G2F. Cheek Height is really close to one of them (un-sunken cheeks, lol), tho I'm attaching it from a different angle, for the face I want to make.

Your G3F set is really nice, and appears to play nicely with what I have for G3F morph sets.

FirstLookPrelim_01004crop1.png
    643 x 697 - 34K
    G2F7W_Original_Ref_Face001.png
    840 x 395 - 265K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on

Maybe you'll find the couple (well four) I'm adding useful; should get them done later.

Glad you're not noticing any issues; I have the two face morph sets from Daz and they are great, and I haven't so far noticed any issues. I recognise the face you're trying to create; she's very beautiful, and her face also has lots of character too - at least imo. I recognise her, so presume she is an actress.

• yea, lots of personality, and variations. The images are extremely cropped for this purpose, of looking at general facial features.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas#Mexico

The other is supposedly a teacher from further south. I would not be surprised if either were models/actors, rather then 'every day people'.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/40556/making-a-face-morph-in-daz-studio-where-to-start

I joined near the beginning of last year, and there wasn't much around, lol. (a V4 skin texture, and Wachiwi) After a year of nothing, I decided to hell with it, and started looking at ways to make a morph my self. D-forms can be extremely powerful, yet they have a few limitations. Hexagon is still beyond my skills, tho I'm learning. G2F is a solid platform that works (for the most part), G3F is drastically deferent with many incompatibilities and still has some 'growing pains'. Face morphs appear to be a 'safe' start in that they do not require clothing modifiers to function properly with the figure shaping morphs.

I look forward to what you come up with in your set. I must bring my mother to the store today, So I do not know when I'll be back to play with your face morph set later on today.

I've tried d-formers, and they can be useful, but I find them frustrating; they like morphs created in Hexagon, for clothes, don't really work as they should. A morph should work the same no matter the postion/location of the models.

Hexagon is not so bad, I just wish there was a Blender bridge; the one for Hexagon is amazingly simple, and performs as expected; I wish the same could be said for Zbrush.

BTW: I've updated the morphs.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited September 2015

Ah, just guessing, they go in the same path as the old one (the zip is missing the path)... Looks good.

20150902_nicsttFaceTest_01002.png
    1340 x 764 - 331K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited September 2015

Ah, just guessing, they go in the same path as the old one (the zip is missing the path)... Looks good.

Damn, I was thinking I'd forgotten something but couldn't think what; yes same path should work. I've amended the file, thanks for pointing it out.

Post edited by nicstt on