G8F Pose Transfer To G1

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492
edited January 2023 in Freebies

I have to confess I have been terribly slow at finishing a promised script, however I have now completed a G8F (or G8M for that matter) to G1 Pose Transfer script. Just like my others, it needs a source character and a destination character to be loaded. Due to the geometry differences in the hands in particular, matching the G8 pose will almost certainly put G1 out of limits, so please set the limits off on the hands and arms before the pose transfer. Just matching the default shape of a G8F hand actually sets the G1 Hand and some finger bone out of limits. It's quite strange really, and good to see how well shaped G1 hands seem despite going beyond those limits.

The pose is BBarbs Just Elegant 7 applied to CHB Milan, against a background of Namtaar3D's Underwater HDRI. I think the G1 character is V5, but not sure

Hope it may be of use to someone.

Regards,

Richard

G8FPoseTransferToG1 Promo.jpg
1200 x 1200 - 859K
zip
zip
G8FPoseTransferToG1.zip
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• Great idea! G1 has some pretty characters, cool toon characters like Hitomi and cool monsters too. Thanks!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492
    edited February 2023
    Must admit the only renders I have done with G1 are for scripts like this. G1 came while I took a break from DS. Regards, Richard
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

richardandtracy said:

Must admit the only renders I have done with G1 are for scripts like this. G1 came while I took a break from DS. Regards, Richard

Thanks for this!

Per your comment, I'm one of the hold-outs who *still* uses G1 almost excusively, as that was the first 'new' figure I experienced after 'finding' 3D near the end of the M4/V4 era. The unisex aspect, compatibility with the expansive V4/M4 world, Carrara, and Poser (somewhat), and animation resources that came out back then made investing in the this figure a no-brainer at the time. I skipped most of G2/G3 (except where I could backfit, and freebies, of course), and then built a bit of a G8 library for some project-specific needs, so being able to pull from that collection is great and your converters are wonderful. Thanks for remembering us G1 old-schoolers in your generous efforts!

best,

--ms