Free Mixamo animation for Daz Studio

Hey there! So, I often use Mixamo and Daz Studio in my projects, and I thought it would be awesome to convert all Mixamo animations for use in Daz Studio. And the best part is, I'll be sharing all of these converted animations for free on Gumroad, which means you can download them at no cost! Currently, I've converted about 30 animations for Genesis 9, and you can check out the quality of the conversion on my YouTube channel in the section Shorts. If you're interested in using these animations, please let me know which Genesis you need animations for in your projects. I plan on updating this set regularly, so stay tuned!

P.S. Pictured is a response on the Adobe forum about permission to use the Mixamo animation. Everything is possible except for resale.

Untitled.png
1091 x 284 - 45K

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,238

Thank you :-) I look forward to trying these out tomorrow :-)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

Genesis 8 animations would get a lot more interest.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,238

Forum glitch, the image you attached is no longer showing for some. If you edit your post and copy the url into the picture box then it will become part of the post and that will/should stay put then.

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 572

thank you AniMaster :)

• AniMasterAniMaster Posts: 4

FirstBastion said:

Do you think not many people are using Genesis 9?

emanuela1 said:

thank you AniMaster :)

I'm glad you liked it))

AniMaster said:

FirstBastion said:

Currently there are considerably more people using Genesis 8 simply because it has been around for many more years.

FirstBastion said:

AniMaster said:

FirstBastion said:

Currently there are considerably more people using Genesis 8 simply because it has been around for many more years.

Thanks for the advice! I'll think about adding animation to Genesis 8

I use G8 characters everyday, They simply renderer quicker and can have more of them on screen at one time.

• Hello Animaster , your conversions are very good. it's rather difficult to do it . I try a lot of time with Genesis 3 and 8 . with good and bad . I want to donate you one euro /month . because I use Daz 2 monthes in the year . and it would be useful to have you if I want more .. thank you 

• Hi, Where is the checkout cart? Cheers

• jonbapjonbap Posts: 12

Hi Animaster, first off, thank you for the time and effort you are putting into converting these animations, it's really appreciated by myself and I'm sure the DAZ community as a whole.  I tried downloading and testing your "Slow Run" aniblock, and I have to say you did a very good job, it looks great!  I have one issue though, and maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I place the aniblock the character starts to run and about half way through, maybe a bit more, he jumps backwards on the Z axis.  I attached the character to a null and using keyframes was able to manually correct for this, but I'm just curious if you are aware of this issue or if this is the first you are hearing about it.

I currently use a mix of Gen 9 and Gen 8 characters, I suspect that is also the case with most people as Gen 8 was the gold standard for so long, do you have any plans on creating the same animations for Gen 8?  I don't know how long it takes to retarget and certainly don't want to be greedy, just curious.  Also, if you take requests, could we see more commonly used animations like various idles, walks, runs, sitting, standing, etc over niche animations such as baseball?  They are nice mocaps, but I don't know that I or most people will ever be animating a baseball game :)

Thanks again for your efforts, they are very much appreciated!

Jon Baptiste

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

jonbap said:

Also, if you take requests, could we see more commonly used animations like various idles, walks, runs, sitting, standing, etc over niche animations such as baseball?  They are nice mocaps, but I don't know that I or most people will ever be animating a baseball game :)

Jon Baptiste

There are a lot of walk, run, sitting and standing animations out there, both free and paid one's. Also, I want baseball animations, so don't tell him not to make them, you don't know what other artists want. You can only speak for yourself.

• jonbapjonbap Posts: 12

Faeryl Womyn said:

jonbap said:

Also, if you take requests, could we see more commonly used animations like various idles, walks, runs, sitting, standing, etc over niche animations such as baseball?  They are nice mocaps, but I don't know that I or most people will ever be animating a baseball game :)

Jon Baptiste

There are a lot of walk, run, sitting and standing animations out there, both free and paid one's. Also, I want baseball animations, so don't tell him not to make them, you don't know what other artists want. You can only speak for yourself.

You are right, there are many walk, run, etc animations out there, and Mixamo would be a great source of them if he was to convert them to Gen 8 and Gen 9.  If you reread my original post, I didn't tell him not to convert baseball animations(and since he already did, you have the animations you say you want), I merely suggested that niche animations such as baseball would overall be less valued in the community as a whole - the more scenes or scenarios you can use a particular animation in, the more valuable it is as a greater number of people will be able to find a greater number of uses for it.  A variety of good walks, runs, sits and stands could be used in your baseball video, or someone's science fiction adventure, or a fantasy epic, or a video about catching a bus to go shopping, anything really.  Therefore since he has limited time to work on this converting animations project, it would make sense to start with the most commonly used animations and go from there, with the exception of specific requests if he is receptive to them.

You say there are lots of walk, run, sitting and standing animations out there for free, and I think that is great and would like to know if you have any links or websites that you would be willing to share.  I've found a few here and there, but they usually are not very realistic looking or don't work well with Daz Studio(could be user error on my part though).  That's what excites me about these hand converted Mixamo animations, the slow run I tested maintains the best part of the motion capture while making it easy to use in Daz.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

Yes free one's can be quirky, hence the reason they're free, but still useful, as for a list, I might have to do it a second time since some are not on the Daz site, they can be picky about that.

You can do a search at RenderHub, the image shows you the url and I circled the spot you need to change and what to change it to.

Sharecg is earier to search if you use google, never liked the search on site.

Renderosity free stuff section has a search option that's decent.

There's a bunch from the person who started this thread. They are designed for speech but he also has skakebording and I think one other.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/432456/daz-speech-salad-aniblocks-talking-lipsync-system-conversation-generator-enjoy

The others I have have been freebies from Daz themselves over time and if any are still free, just do a search and do the price low thing.

image_2024-09-04_020250839.png
    851 x 413 - 54K
  • Hi everyone! Thanks so much for your interest in my work! I had to take a break recently due to family matters, but I’m back now and excited to continue. I’ve created a website with an easier search and sorting system to make finding animations more convenient for you. You’ll also find several simple ways to get in touch with me on the site.

To answer some of your previous questions: Mixamo has over two thousand animations, so to keep things organized, I’m converting them in alphabetical order. If I were to do this for all generations of Genesis, the workload would increase dramatically. That’s why I’m focusing on the latest and most advanced generation.

But if you have specific animations in mind or any other questions, feel free to reach out to me through my website at https://3d-sale.com. I’d love to hear from you!