UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

1404142434446»

Comments

• Strange, it appears to be properly installed (according to Help->About Plugins) and then I copied the installation zip files to the correct directory and.. nothing. The log file refers to the correct directory. I just wonder if the registry contains a conflicting directory (eg the 4.21 directory as opposed to the 4.22 directory). Just wondering, as it's the latest one where Howie has got even cleverer with it, and could possibly be conflicting with something in my setup. Regards, Richard.
  • If manually copying to thje application folder are you sure UAC isn't getting in the way?

• Sorry, what's UAC? The 4.21 & 4.22 setups are identical with USC1's accelerator, the UltraScenery directory for USC2 and the UltraScenery XT directory all present in the same way. USXT works properly on both versions, as does UltraScenery 1 with accelerator. The only differences otherwise in the plugin directory between 4.21 & 4.22 are file dates on other plugins & the presence of a Face Transfer2 plugin file. TBH, I've lived without 4.22 all year, and not missed it's slow rendering in USC1/2, and as 4.21 seems to have the same sun node effect, I think I can probably live without until next version (hopefully DS5.x.x.x). Regards, Richard.
  • UAC is (on Windows, I think the MacOS equivalent is Gatekeeper) is the system that asks for permission, with a greyed out background, before allowing chnages to be amde to a protected folder (such as anything in Program Files)

• If UAC is getting in the way, I have no evidence of it. I have copied files using File Explorer without objection from the OS, got full details and looking at the security settings, I have admin rights. Ah, well. Regards, Richard.
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

What were the fixes or changes in the new patch for USC2?

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

richardandtracy said:

Details are here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/98176/start

Regards,

Richard 

thank you very much