Terrain for free, made by me. (mjvol) :)

MjvolMjvol Posts: 93
edited October 2015 in Freebies

Hello Daz folks, Happy Thanks giving though in Canada its done, But everyday could be applied. Well I finally completed something good. I can now be a contributor to some degree and it starts with Terrain. Yippee. Anyway, I uploaded a variety of Terrain grounds at Cg share, I have account there. Anyway they are free and there my name is Mike the same here. Here is a site link right to it.  Oh by the way they are Obj files, but they do work in DAZ 3D because I used them in a couple renders I just did Also hope you all know how to import the Obj and the textures, if you don't the readme file explains how to. So link below, Just copy and past.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/82417/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Terrain-Mountainous

And then you just click on my name and you will see them all.   Mike is the name.

​Now I made to maps with water on them , and when importing the textures , everything loaded except for the water. So I made a solution, I created a plane in DAZ 3d from the menu bar, in (create) then went down to the (new primitive ) then created the plain. Then I click on it in (parameters) then went to the surface pane from window menu bar, and then went to edit the surface window. and changed the textures to make water for the plain, raised the plain to fill in the water holes..I put a Readme file with instruction, and explained it the best I could.   Hope you all enjoy them. Take care all..

​​I would like to extend my thanks to all who were patient with me , and encouraged me, and if need it  a slapped on the wrist. lol. Also thanks to Daz 3d for making this possible and everyone at Cg share. with all  the free bees. And Renderosity. :):)  And the Deviant site. And all the Daz folk who gave freely their time, and free bees.

​Here is some examples of what was made.

Mike

mjvol

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

Took a quick look and they look great.  Will grab tomorrow since my done is downloading a game and it makes my internet sluggish...lol  Thank you for your generousity.

• MjvolMjvol Posts: 93

Took a quick look and they look great.  Will grab tomorrow since my done is downloading a game and it makes my internet sluggish...lol  Thank you for your generousity.

Thank you for dropping in. And your welcome. This is new to me , but I have probally done things the hard way but at least it worked , You can see my render in my gallery of using on of the maps. The title is (Mike the monster slayer) it just to show you how they turned out, and you can stretch the heck out of them and make it the full grid , so yes enjoy , and take care.

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 972

Thanks for making these. Terrains are always useful.

SteveM17 said:

Thanks for making these. Terrains are always useful.

Hello SteveM17, your welcome, and when you make a render please I would love to see it .  Cheers.

Hello Faeryl Womyn/CalieVee When you get them , and get them working you have to show me a render of your work , it will be interesting to see each artist compile it together. .enjoy anyway.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

Sure thing.  I downloaded them but I am still setting up Daz with content on my new computer (second hand but new to me...lol).  As soon as I do a render I will post it.