Halloween Freebie - Evil Tree (Full Set)!

luxxeonluxxeon Posts: 18
edited October 2015 in Freebies

Evil Tree - Full Scene, including HD textures, for import into Daz Studio.

Click Here to Download this Free Set From Renderosity

One of my first "complete" 3d environment sets, the package includes all of the objects you see in the preview and wireframe renders; tree, rocks, gravestones01,02, and a skull model.  The objects together contain 47,832 polygons; 47,850 vertices (99.6% quad polygons, 0.3% triangles, 0 ngons).  All models have been carefully UV unwrapped, with minimal texture distortion.  There are 18 high resolution maps included in this set (4096 x 4096 px); each object containing it's own color, specular, and normal maps.  It is highly recommended to use the normal maps with your own custom materials for optimum render detail.

The Daz files have been scaled to import perfectly in Daz|Studio 4.x., and should also import in an approximate location and size in Poser.  See the import instructions below for detailed information on how to import the models in this set to the DAZ Studio software.  All example renders were done with the Iray render engine, in Daz Studio, after importing the models with the recommended settings.

The OBJ files included in the DAZ_OBJ folder were exported with a scale conversion that will allow the object to load each object with appropriate scaling into Daz Studio 4.x and above, with Poser import preset settings, or Poser 9 and above. To import this file into Daz Studio 4.x; first, select File > Import, and navigate to the Daz_OBJ folder.  Choose a file.  In the OBJImportOptions dialogue box, be sure to select the Poser (1 Unit = 8 Ft) Preset option in the "From:" dropdown menu.  Scale should be set to 24384% automatically.  If not, then please enter that value into the Scale field.  Keep the Axis Conversion X=X, Y=Y, and Z=Z, with NO checkboxes in the Invert Direction options.  Be sure Read Groups, UV Coordinates, Surfaces, and Material Library (.mtl) are all checked.  The objects are designed to import in place on a default empty scene environment.  Some, but not all, of the included maps may load with each object, but you will be required to customize your materials for each object, and adjust each map manually, for best results.  I recommend rendering with the new Iray render engine.

Alternatively, you can download this set from my Deviant Art Profile, located here:
http://luxxeon.deviantart.com/art/Free-3D-Model-Evil-Tree-Full-Set-569334002

Please let me know if you have any questions, or issues with this product.  I stand behind all of my models, even the free ones, with full tech support.  Thanks!

preview03.jpg
640 x 480 - 31K
preview02.jpg
640 x 480 - 40K
preview04.jpg
640 x 480 - 69K
preview01.jpg
640 x 480 - 32K
Post edited by luxxeon on

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

thank you - loaded fine in DS

000 01 evil tree.jpg
    1028 x 694 - 491K
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

Thank you so much, always loved your models.

• Thank you, Faeryl!

bigh said:

thank you - loaded fine in DS

That looks incredible, bigh!  Well done!  Really cool to see the set put to great use.  Thanks.

• Very nice; Thank You. It will be very useful at Halloween and may already have a use for the gravestones. It reminds me of 'Scraac' here at Daz and Nerd 3D's 'Hemlock'.

• Very nice; Thank You. It will be very useful at Halloween and may already have a use for the gravestones. It reminds me of 'Scraac' here at Daz and Nerd 3D's 'Hemlock'.

Thank you very much!   All the included models are independant objects, so they can be imported into any scene one at a time, and used for anything you might need.  Glad you like it.  I'll have to check out those products you mentioned too, I've not heard of them before.