Daz Studio 4.22[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

1111213141517»

Comments

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 776

DoctorJellybean

A "trick" is to simple rename the CMS database, i.e. rename "CMS" to "CMS.saved", and start DAZStudio; it recreates the database.  Then it is possible to all the "reimport metadata" stuff and see if the result fixes the problem sufficiently.  If it doesn't the old state can be recovered by deleting the "new" CMS and reverting the name of the saved one, or, if you are like me, copying "CMS.saved" back to "CMS" and trying something different :-)  The database isn't that big.

Most of us don't hack the metadata.  Losing the user additions seems just to mean losing the metadata for saved scenes/subsets/presets etc.  That will be a big deal for some users but they are all advanced (well, more advanced than me).  It would be nice if DAZ could implement something that simply recreated the database from the metadata without requiring a DIM rebuild.  Personally I would be happy (perhaps very happy) if that could be done from DIM itself; it has all the metadata I've got installed but the manual process involves de/re-installing by CMS directory (otherwise things get moved between CMS directories.)

• JPiatJPiat Posts: 70
    edited August 21

Why I'm not able to edit the min max values of property in the IRAY Render Settings pane ?

By exemple, As I'm doing outdoor render, I'm use to set the Matte Fog Visibility (m) Setting to 25 000 not 10 000.

Anyway to restore this behaviour ?

Post edited by JPiat on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,182
    JPiat said:

Why I'm not able to edit the min max values of property in the IRAY Render Settings pane ?

By exemple, As I'm doing outdoor render, I'm use to set the Matte Fog Visibility (m) Setting to 25 000 not 10 000.

Check the solution in https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8432201/#Comment_8432201
  • JPiatJPiat Posts: 70

crosswind said:

JPiat said:

Thanks, it's fine now, I'm not digging that far in the Customize Workspace Options.

Any solution to suppress the annoying dialog box when i'm zeroing a pose ?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,873
    edited September 16

I'm not seeing the new DAZ Studio 4.22.0.19  release in DIM, only 5 of the accompanying files.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • It was there for me - check your Download Filters

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,873

Richard Haseltine said:

It was there for me - check your Download Filters

All studio versions are checked.  But it showed up after a refresh, must have been some kind of glitch the first time.  Thanks.

• jtdekoningjtdekoning Posts: 145
    edited September 17

EDIT: I are smart and figured it out. 

daz whitescreen.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 214K
    txt
    txt
    log whitescreen.txt
    1M
    Post edited by jtdekoning on
  • jtdekoning said:

EDIT: I are smart and figured it out. 

DS was still open (possibly still shutting down in the background) when you installed, reinstalling fixed it?

• ArtByMelArtByMel Posts: 26
    edited September 19

I missed the announcment about Nvidia. Oopsie...well, so far all seems good. Just ran a render today that I was working on since yesterday and it was fine. Hopefully, it stays that way.

Post edited by ArtByMel on
  • JB007JB007 Posts: 105

ArtByMel said:

I missed the announcment about Nvidia. Oopsie...well, so far all seems good. Just ran a render today that I was working on since yesterday and it was fine. Hopefully, it stays that way.

Ooohh .. what Nvidia announcement? Seems like i've missed it too! 

• Where can I find information about what changed?

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 83
    edited September 20

Hi,

I don't know if this is the place to express this. But it would be a very welcome feature if when rendering to a new window and closing the render window without having saved the rendered image first, the application would warn the user that the work hasn't been saved yet. I know that one has the option to save the last render even if that render window gets closed. But by doing so, canvas(es), if you opt to add any, are lost.

Post edited by Jumbotron on