Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2024 (ALL are welcome to join)

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,208

Agreed FirstBastion... Flinstones was one of my favs as a child also.  :)   Oh Stezza... you always make me smile with your artwork... and nattaruk... I wouldn't go anywhere NEAR those waters!  eeep... lol.  Well done you two.. thanks for sharing.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

smiley

thankyou wink

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

Llola Lane said:

Oh Stezza... you always make me smile with your artwork...

Likewise smiley

Carrara Pro 8.5 appeared in my LD during last week-end big sale and your renders are one of the reasons I bought it (the other is the price was so low that even if I never use Carrara, it was worth it for a couple of outfits included in Victoria 5 and Michael 5 respectives Pro Bundles).

Elor said:

Llola Lane said:

Oh Stezza... you always make me smile with your artwork...

Likewise smiley

Carrara Pro 8.5 appeared in my LD during last week-end big sale and your renders are one of the reasons I bought it (the other is the price was so low that even if I never use Carrara, it was worth it for a couple of outfits included in Victoria 5 and Michael 5 respectives Pro Bundles).

sweet, I hope you'll be able to knock out a render or two or maybe some modelling yes

lot's of stuff has been taken out of the Daz Store for Carrara but don't be daunted.... render away.... wink 

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,518

Here's mine!

How Are Things Down There

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but from one lizard to another, you look pretty tiny… you ok down there?”

“All good, no worries friend! Just maybe watch where you’re stepping, please?”  

Rendered in Daz Studio Iray.

Postwork in Pixelmator Pro.

How Are Things Down There.jpg
    3000 x 1852 - 7M

Fae3D said:

Here's mine!

How Are Things Down There

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but from one lizard to another, you look pretty tiny… you ok down there?”

“All good, no worries friend! Just maybe watch where you’re stepping, please?”  

-------

Aweeeeeee Fae... that is wonderful...

sheesh... You all are rockin' this year... I guess my brain is getting old... lol.  Sooo proud of you all!!!!!  Thank you for keeping this thread alive!

edited July 31

Here I am last minute... again... this month.  Sorry to not be around much lately.  Summer is in full swing and the last thing on my mind is Daz (sighs).  Hope you all are well.

REPTILE = Snake

REPTILE snake DONE SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 176K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited August 1

OK Gang... another month as crept by... AUG=FAN ART...Donkey Kong, Sonic, My Little Pony, King Kong and other Fan Animals... DAZified ;)

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,764

Llola Lane said:

Here I am last minute... again... this month.  Sorry to not be around much lately.  Summer is in full swing and the last thing on my mind is Daz (sighs).  Hope you all are well.

REPTILE = Snake

Ooh! A very animated and angry snake - I guess he didn't appreciate being interupted by the camera!

Last minute is better than missing the boat like I did :( Got the beginnings of a few ideas for for the "Fan Art" topic so will hopefully do better this month.

Thanks SofaCitizen ... we post when we can :)  I have NO idea what to do for Fan Art... lol.  Can't wait to see what you come up with ;)

• acbacb Posts: 434
    edited August 5

Not sure this is actually eligible... I hated the games. But when I saw Endless Stairs though, my first thought was somehow:

"It's-a me: Donkey Kong!"

... and it seems to fit otherwise.

Stairs.jpg
    1440 x 2880 - 1M
    Post edited by acb on

acb said:

Not sure this is actualy eligible... I hated the games. But when I saw Endless Stairs, my first thought was somehow

Nice! I'd say it definitely fits and a cool idea too :)

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 618
    edited August 6

I'm still struggling with using the picture icon to get an image showing. Is there a file size limit that would make my images unable to be attached? I've tried that and every time it tells me there's no file data found in my post. 

I just realized my picture isn't in line with the animal hero thing. I removed it.

Post edited by ArtsyDragon on

ArtsyDragon said:

I just realized my picture isn't in line with the animal hero thing. I removed it.

I assume you maybe meant to post this in the "Where to go" thread, but incase you didn't we're currently on "Animals & Fan Art" this month. So, not necessarily heros as such. If Fan Art doesn't suit you then there will be a new sub-topic each month. The details are in the first post but a quick run-down of the remaining months is as below:

AUG=FAN ART
    SEP=MYTHICAL/FANTASY
    OCT=INVERTEBRATES
    NOV=MAMMALS
    DEC=NON-BREATHING/ARTIFICIAL

SofaCitizen said:

ArtsyDragon said:

I assume you maybe meant to post this in the "Where to go" thread, but incase you didn't we're currently on "Animals & Fan Art" this month. So, not necessarily heros as such. If Fan Art doesn't suit you then there will be a new sub-topic each month. The details are in the first post but a quick run-down of the remaining months is as below:

AUG=FAN ART
    SEP=MYTHICAL/FANTASY
    OCT=INVERTEBRATES
    NOV=MAMMALS

The picture was of Harley Quinn. I thought in reading a couple of posts that this month was fan art about animals in video games. If it's just fan art, then I could post her here?

ArtsyDragon said:

SofaCitizen said:

AUG=FAN ART
    SEP=MYTHICAL/FANTASY
    OCT=INVERTEBRATES
    NOV=MAMMALS

The picture was of Harley Quinn. I thought in reading a couple of posts that this month was fan art about animals in video games. If it's just fan art, then I could post her here?

Ahh, yes, the year/thread overall topic is animals with fan art being for the month and so technically August would be "Fan Art with an Animal connection". So maybe a Harley Quinn as a Centaur or Harley riding a giant Eagle (Bird of Prey) would fit right in?

If you have a cool Harley Quinn image to share that doesn't have any animals in it you could always start up a new thread in the Art Studio section. With all the EL items in the store recenly there are bound to be plenty of people making some Fan Art images. I know there is a Star Wars thread but I don't think there is an active general Fan Art one there yet?

edited August 6

Thank you for the clarification and the ideas. I'll have to mull it over. 

For now she can stay in my gallery. :)

Post edited by ArtsyDragon on

Good grief!  I planned out a render last month, specifically for this challenge.  At the beginning of this month, I made the render, again SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS CHALLENGE.  Then I upload the render, to three different places mind you, and then totally forget to enter it into this challenge XD  I'm not scatterbrained at all, lol!

Anyway, here's my entry, fanart of "The Lion King".

Cubs Playing Under Uncles Watchful Eye

Simba and Nala are play fighting near Pride Rock, enjoying themselves, while Simba’s uncle watches close by. Scar isn’t really paying them much attention, however, as he certainly wouldn’t be upset if something happened to them… 

The Lion King, Simba, Nala and Scar (and maybe Pride Rock?) are ©Walt Disney Company 

Fae3D said:

Good grief!  I planned out a render last month, specifically for this challenge.  At the beginning of this month, I made the render, again SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS CHALLENGE.  Then I upload the render, to three different places mind you, and then totally forget to enter it into this challenge XD  I'm not scatterbrained at all, lol!

Simba and Nala are play fighting near Pride Rock, enjoying themselves, while Simba’s uncle watches close by. Scar isn’t really paying them much attention, however, as he certainly wouldn’t be upset if something happened to them… 

Well, that's only 10 days ago so not that bad. If it makes you feel better I keep forgetting to watch the Lion King - so that's like 30 years or so now? So, perhaps I won't be able to fully appreciate everything it's still a cool scene. I do recognise the out-cropping in the background which is a nice touch :)

SofaCitizen said:

Fae3D said:

Well, that's only 10 days ago so not that bad. If it makes you feel better I keep forgetting to watch the Lion King - so that's like 30 years or so now? So, perhaps I won't be able to fully appreciate everything it's still a cool scene. I do recognise the out-cropping in the background which is a nice touch :)

Thank you ^_^  The Lion King is a classic, I haven't seen the newer version (with the 3D lions), but the original is a personal favorite of mine.  And I'm glad you recognize Pride Rock, it was tricky to get right.  The little cubs (part of the Felidae by AM line) are so cute, they are a joy to work with, I got them specifically to do renders like this!

edited August 12

the Gathering in Carrara smiley

took the fam to see the lion king at the pictures when it was released... 30 years ago wow! surprise

Gathering.png
    800 x 600 - 752K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Wacky1 said:

Awesome! You managed to get so many cool characters into the scene ... and clippy is there too.

thanks for the comment, for a while I thought I killed the thread laugh

Stezza said:

thanks for the comment, for a while I thought I killed the thread laugh

Not at all - it's a great submission to the theme! I think it's just that August is a busy month for many people with holidays and such and so a bit quiter than normal.

This month and the last have been busy for me also. And while I have tried to put together something the main idea I had I gave up on part way through as it was something that made more sense in my head but turned out pretty rubbish when built in reality. Still trying to think of something good that I can do before the end of the month.

acb said:

Not sure this is actually eligible... I hated the games. But when I saw Endless Stairs though, my first thought was somehow:

haaaaa.. fits to me... lol.  One of my favorite games when it came out... but then again.. we didn't have many game choices... lol... Well done.. thanks for joining the challenge this month acb

SofaCitizen said:

ArtsyDragon said:

SofaCitizen said:

AUG=FAN ART
    SEP=MYTHICAL/FANTASY
    OCT=INVERTEBRATES
    NOV=MAMMALS

Ahh, yes, the year/thread overall topic is animals with fan art being for the month and so technically August would be "Fan Art with an Animal connection". So maybe a Harley Quinn as a Centaur or Harley riding a giant Eagle (Bird of Prey) would fit right in?

If you have a cool Harley Quinn image to share that doesn't have any animals in it you could always start up a new thread in the Art Studio section. With all the EL items in the store recenly there are bound to be plenty of people making some Fan Art images. I know there is a Star Wars thread but I don't think there is an active general Fan Art one there yet?

ArtsyDragon... what Sof said is correct... This is just a challenge to have fun... I'm pretty easy... as long as there's an animal with some kind of fan art... it works.  :)  Hope you can post something before the month is over.  I'm still mulling mine around in my head... EEP... only 7 days left!  ughh

Stezza said:

took the fam to see the lion king at the pictures when it was released... 30 years ago wow! surprise

OMG Stezza... you always amaze me with your artwork... You are awesome with that Carrara.. I've still not opened it.  LOL.  Not sure where you got all the characters... but this is great!  Thanks for helping keep this thread alive!

Hi Gang.. sorry been away for a few weeks... I'm so busy busy .. i know.. i know... But it's true!  lol 

Still working on an idea for this month... Don't give up on me yet ;)  Stay well.. hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OK, hopefully this counts as Fan Art...

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea
    in a beautiful pea-green boat,
    Kitty immediately regretted this choice,
    unsure if the vessel would float.

The Owl looked on,
    with expression so glum,
    as his date plans went up in smoke.
    With fear in her heart
    and rolling insides
    the Kitty requested an end to this joke.

SofaCitizen said:

OK, hopefully this counts as Fan Art...

LOL.. I don't know either.. but it sure makes me smile to remember the poem!  Well done Sofa!!!  The look on the cat is priceless!  lol