Fusion Something or other

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 2015 in Freebies

me no nuclear scientist lol ...

Okay, not very accurate - was made for a toon render - may be used for commercial image renders too. I think it's supposed to create power. I put it in the SciFi folder.

D/S 4.6 files

no changes made to this one ... any further work will released as different props.

The Fission/Fusion Something or Other, enjoy.

Fission Something.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 82K
Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

It looks a bit like a Tokamak, which would be Fusion, actually. ;)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

Fusion! yes ... sorry 'bout that ... somebody was prove reading over my shoulder and telling me how Ss etc. okay ... yes it does look something like that but the one I saw a drawing for was being made and to be turned on in Germany. Inside the centre part looked like some fancy DNA thing. Guess people like twisted ladders lol ... And on the outter ring were a tremendous number of "bolts" and stuff ... not modeling all that lol ...

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

If there's a computer involved it could be fission chips .... ;)

If I remember right, there's an exciting new fusion system that's ring-like, but has that weird spiral you mention, and is supposed to be (fingers crossed) a lot more stable and sustainable than a Tokamak fusion.

Stable sounds good.

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605

the trick is, the ring gas to spin 

mCasual said:

hmm ... the toon was a still ... which part is the "gas" that is to spin? The inside band; the rings; or the torus?

That's what it's supposed to look like! okay ... I'll take that down for some repairs, thank you very much.

edited December 2015

oops typo, i meant the ring has to spin as in ... 

hmm interesting if you put the iRay emissive material inside an iRay wax tube, you get a nice neon-glow effect

mCasual said:

hmm ... the toon was a still ... which part is the "gas" that is to spin? The inside band; the rings; or the torus?

waxingpoetic.jpg
    806 x 632 - 366K
    Post edited by mCasual on

One of the things I adore about Iray is the play of light through substances like that.

edited December 2015

Oh that is kool ;-) 

For the spinning: Never saw that show ... okay that would be easy enough ... will make it a figure prop and it should then spin just fine.

Post edited by patience55 on

wait wait i was just kidding !

i was not saying the prop needs to be changed

i just meant it's the made-up technical-mumbo-jummbo explaining how it generates power :) !

guess i shoul'dve put my Spock ears on while stating this 

Oh that is kool ;-) 

For the spinning: Never saw that show ... okay that would be easy enough ... will make it a figure prop and it should then spin just fine.

well maybe I needed to put on my thinking cap lol ... nothing's destroyed, I can make it available again as it was. Could be a few days before all that other work could be done anyways.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Bah, who cares what it's supposed to be, I call it a pretty bracelet.

Amusingly, some of my earliest CGI was 'fusion something or others.'

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Antimatter-Fusion-cutaway-51461484 and http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Antimatter-Fusion-51461360

Made in Carrara (or maybe Ray Dream Studio, I forget exactly) in the late 90s, I think. Maybe early oughts.