Updated: Pile of cloth

Beat578Beat578 Posts: 191
edited December 2015 in Freebies

Are you doing Homework renders? Do you need a pile of cloth for your washing mashine?

Here you go. The pile is copmosed of some of my freeware cloth, so you could even recognize some of em while
piling them up in front of your washing mashine. 

Have fun with it. 

Link: http://www.sharecg.com/v/83217/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Pile-of-Cloth
The File has been changed to V2, It contains corrected UV's (all Mats) and has a Low Poly Version as well.

Cheers Beat

Post edited by Beat578 on

Comments

• Beat578Beat578 Posts: 191
    Looks like there was a Problem Saving the Materials, I'll correct that over the weekend. Sorry. Cheers beat
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Ooooh, I hope it's sorted soon :) This is just what the doctor ordered for a messy room!

• Beat, have you ever considered becoming a PA somewhere? Your attention to detail and your skills in creating realistic conforming clothing would defintiely take you far!

--MW

• atoxicatoxic Posts: 141

Thanks

NIce days and Nice renders

atoxic

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

yes very nice quality

but needs long render time

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 2015

Well, by itself, exporting to a RIB file, it makes a 355 MB RIB...but it does render very nicely.

clothespile_7.jpg
    684 x 537 - 170K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
    Well i try to Do a Re-topo and Reduce the polis, especially the ones you don't See in the middle of the pile...
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

At the resolution I rendered (which was actually bigger, but reduced for posting) with switching the shader over to omUbersurface to get the occlusion overrider, an HDR envronment light, it took 92 seconds to render, in the stand alone 3DL. and about 5 minutes to render inside Studio.   So even at the weight it is, I didn't find it horrible to render.  I think it's more about shaders than it is actual mesh size.

And, in many ways, geometry is cheaper than hi resolution image maps.  Especially for Iray....since Iray uses about 3 bytes/pixel the 'detail' maps required would definitely push it much higher than the 355 MB. 

Odd...turning off the Octane Shadow Visibility and Visibility Control (which I'm not sure why they are actually showing up, to begin with) cut the RIB size by over 100 MB and  dropped the render time, too.

sometimes you have to bring your pile of cloth to fresh air

Backpackers delight 04.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

Hi

I uploaded a V2 of the file. It has the corrected Materials. It also contains a Poly Reduced Version (50% of the Polys reduced in Decimator), The new Version still offers the same Render quality. 
    Have a good week. 

Cheers

Beat

Beat, have you ever considered becoming a PA somewhere? Your attention to detail and your skills in creating realistic conforming clothing would defintiely take you far!

--MW

Hey MW

Thanks for the compliments. Well, I love to create them and I love to learn new things, trying things out. But I'm far from perfect and I enjoy that I can try out without any pressure. I still dont know how to rig skirts, or how to create good shoes, or how to edit Weight maps the way I want to, not even tried out rigid maps at all... I would have a lot of pressure learning those skills, if I would sell my cloth as PA. So, I think I stay with the free versions. They may have flaws, but iIf you like them, even better :D

Have a great holiday season.

Beat

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

TY Beat

Ruphuss said:

sometimes you have to bring your pile of cloth to fresh air

That's going to be very fresh in some places. :)

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

Beat, thank you so much for your wonderful clothing, I've downloaded a few of your creations but only tried the pj's and I love them, a nice a baggy fit not cling film clothing.

ifwebelievesms.jpg
    583 x 598 - 83K

thanks for V2 Beat

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    Beat578 said:

Are you doing Homework renders? Do you need a pile of cloth for your washing mashine?

Here you go. The pile is copmosed of some of my freeware cloth, so you could even recognize some of em while
    piling them up in front of your washing mashine. 

Have fun with it. 

Link: http://www.sharecg.com/v/83217/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Pile-of-Cloth
    The File has been changed to V2, It contains corrected UV's (all Mats) and has a Low Poly Version as well.

Cheers Beat

Thank you. 

Models like these that can make a scene far more natural and believable. 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

Any Optitex dynamic outfit can be draped over furniture or tossed on the floor.  just need to use the dynamic plugin in DazStudio

https://www.daz3d.com/optitex

• Kewl, will there be other varieties of clothing-ples?  Say, mens clothing?  Kids clothing?

edited July 2017

Hi nomad. They are not planned at the moment. I work on very complicated stuff (at the Moement a Flight Suit for G2M with separate Harness, Separate Zero-G pants and Livevest and Boots and everything). Then there is a Tuxedo for G2M on my list and some new Cloth for Females (dresses, some new shirts with Morphs and a wet option for the summer). Also a Karatedress with different Belt Colors... I have a lot of Ideas but not very much time at the moment, so there is no Timeplan. 

If i find the time i could try doing one, but it's a lot of work, because you have to build all the clothing that you want to drop first...
    Men's clothing I started working on as well, so there will probabely be one in a not too close future. 

Post edited by Beat578 on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Hey Beat, so nice to see you back in the forums again posting!!!

Take you time with the new clothes there is no rush, I love using the clothing you have already made!!!

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Hello Beat! A couple of tips from a karate instructor of 25 years: real karate clothes are usually wrinkled and made of coarse material (canvas, etc), and generally gape in front, so they need to fit over T-shirts or crop tops for females. Also it would be realistic to allow legs and sleeves to be shortened to say mid calf or mid forearm. I have a couple of existing karate-gi from here and Rendo, and they are all too cartoonish for realistic renders.

I hope you find this useful. Regardless of what I've posted here, I'm looking forward to anything you produce.

Arigato! (Frank)