"I've become addicted to TV" September Freebie Challenge

Comments

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited September 2012

Y'know, if people keep submitting anime renders, I'm going to ignore the fact that I'm a judge this month, dust off every freebie guitar in my runtime, and do the "Yui's first visit to the music store" scene from K-On! (Of course, it helps that Music's already modeled a honeyburst Les Paul - the guitar she falls in love with at first sight.) Assuming I can find time to render anything right now, that is.

(Hey, look - Foundation3D has TV freebies, too!)

Post edited by robkelk on
  • agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited September 2012

robkelk said:
    Y'know, if people keep submitting anime renders, I'm going to ignore the fact that I'm a judge this month, dust off every freebie guitar in my runtime, and do the "Yui's first visit to the music store" scene from K-On! (Of course, it helps that Music's already modeled a honeyburst Les Paul - the guitar she falls in love with at first sight.) Assuming I can find time to render anything right now, that is.

Do it~! :wow:

Alexa :cheese:

Post edited by agsears_f6a68cb825 on
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

I'll also need to find an appropriate outfit and retexture it to be Yui's school uniform.

However, a certain toongirl is keeping me occupied at the moment, so I might not actually get to render anything for a few days.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    robkelk said:

I'll also need to find an appropriate outfit and retexture it to be Yui's school uniform.

However, a certain toongirl is keeping me occupied at the moment, so I might not actually get to render anything for a few days.

Oh? Which toongirl~? :smirk:

Alexa ;-P

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    robkelk said:

Alexa ;-P

This one...

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    robkelk said:
    robkelk said:

Alexa ;-P

This one...

(Oh, look at the time... I've got a morning meeting tomorrow, so good night, all.)

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    robkelk said:
    robkelk said:

Alexa ;-P

This one...

Yep! I can definitely see Genesis Sadie in my future! She's the sweetest little toongirl I've ever seen~! Her only competition is Cookie. :-)

Alexa :)

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Here's my first entry for the month. :)

RedTail -- can't count

Used DS4Pro on Linux/Wine. NO POSTWORK

TV Show: Cowboy Bebop

Title: Squashed Bounty Head

Faye: Aww... I just had my ship cleaned, and you go and smudge it. I hope your bounty covers this.

Alexa

A question Alexa..
    How did you get the Red Tail so clean looking? I wasn't happy with what I got.
    The .obj output of Sketchup 7 is loaded with ngons. Nice & smooth, but it looks like it is covered with webs of hair.
    If I run it thru PoseRay, the mesh is clean, but it is blocky & not smooth. Plus it converts the mesh to triangles thereby doubling the size of the mesh.
    How did you get it clean, is there a trick with Blender that I should use?
    Anyways, like your render. Got the series & movie on DVD.
    Gerry

Nitehawk...in Sketchup, click the groups tab, then click "weld vertices", then when it does that, click "recalculate normals", when it is done, it will be very smooth. Then export it. Hope this helps you out.

:-)

edited December 1969

Not bad so far, but her face does look a little too "grown up". She is only 13 after all. It could just be the eye make-up though.

So, Edward is a girl?

:ohh:

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Not bad so far, but her face does look a little too "grown up". She is only 13 after all. It could just be the eye make-up though.

So, Edward is a girl?

Yep, but the name she was given at birth was Françoise. She gave herself her current name: Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV.

Yeah, a mouthful, but she thought it sounded cool. :lol:

Alexa :P

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:
    Title: Would'ja be wantin' some coffee now, Rowdy?

This render is based upon my very first memory of TV. Can you guess what show it was? They were in their first season.

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=18532_KAmtKbzkF6vkGBTmBysb&thumb=1&board_id=1

Looks like Wagon Train! Nice job!

Dana

I thought that too....wrong! Rawhide.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:

Wasn't the show's theme song covered by the Blues Brothers in their first movie?

Keep movin', movin', movin',
    Though they're disapprovin',
    Keep them doggies movin' ...

Ah, yes, it could be Rawhide as well. That period of TV was invested in the Western, for sure. High Chaparell, Bat Masterson, Have Gun Will Travel, The Rifleman. And others.

Dana

Don't forget Maverick, The Virginian and Death Valley Days.....oh...and Howdy Doody!!!!!!

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    So, Edward is a girl?

Pretty sure there's a drinking game somewhere for every time someone says that. If it makes you feel any better, most of the other protagonists had the same reaction.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:

Wasn't the show's theme song covered by the Blues Brothers in their first movie?

Ah, yes, it could be Rawhide as well. That period of TV was invested in the Western, for sure. High Chaparell, Bat Masterson, Have Gun Will Travel, The Rifleman. And others.

Dana

Don't forget Maverick, The Virginian and Death Valley Days.....oh...and Howdy Doody!!!!!!

now you're showing your age music.... oh wait i watched all those shows too. dang, now I'm remembering my age too

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:

Dana

I did say "and others." The whole list would have been tiring, and I didn't have the energy. :lol:

Dana

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

So, Edward is a girl?

Watch, and enjoy this episode of Cowboy Bebop,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7U3J795i_E

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Nitehawk...in Sketchup, click the groups tab, then click "weld vertices", then when it does that, click "recalculate normals", when it is done, it will be very smooth. Then export it. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks but...
    I'm using SU 7 and the groups tab is grayed out.
    The only reason I got it was to access the warehouse. So I don't really know how to use it.
    Can you give a walk thru?
    Thanks.
    Gerry
  • ShanarahShanarah Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Here is my first entry, took forever since I kept tweaking the lights. XD The image is based on my current favorite Japanese Anime (and Manga), Saiyuki. I was introduced to Saiyuki my freshman year of college and have been hooked ever since. Loosely based on the Chinese novel, Journey to the West, the story follows the exploits of four young men making their way west to stop the revival of the demon king Gyumaoh.

http://www.animeultima.tv/watch/saiyuki-english-subbed-dubbed-online/

Title - Forever West!

Goku: First one to Jeep gets to drive!

Sanzo: No chance in hell, baka saru!

Jeep: Kyuu!!

Saiyuki!! XD I love that render!

You forgot one VERY critical comment in there...

San Goku: I'M HUNGRY!! Let's go get food!
    Genjo Sanzo: Shut up and sit down, you stupid monkey! *thwack*

I love Goku, such a little mutt. X3

Alexa :)

Thanks, Alexa!

LOL I suppose it would be more like, "First one to Jeep gets to pick the next restaurant AND gets extra pot stickers!" :P

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Thanks but...
    I'm using SU 7 and the groups tab is grayed out.
    The only reason I got it was to access the warehouse. So I don't really know how to use it.
    Can you give a walk thru?
    Thanks.
    Gerry

I'm sorry nitehawk...my bad....you export the model to a .obj or .3ds format, then import it into poseray (freebie). that is where you click the groups tab, then the rest as stated. It is poseray that smooths it out.

https://sites.google.com/site/poseray/

• edited September 2012

Sometimes I swear the world will never have great people that can
    entertain and amuse us all with just the simple things.

I miss Art Clokey. That guy was as talented with a simple ball
    of clay as people are with CGI... especially with the green clay.

Yesterday I spend a good chunk of my time watching Gumby on
    YouTube. I watched some of the episodes that were made made
    in the 50s, then the ones from the 60s, and the revived TV series
    from the 80s.

The only bad things were those who made You-Tube Poop
    versions of those shows (Were those really necessary?)...
    :shut:

...comments about how it scared some folks (what a bunch of
    scaredy-cats!)

...And then there was those derisive copulatory
    comments made to Gumby...

:sick: :blank: ...really. >:-(

The ones who posted those vids should leave out the ability
    to comment. But then there are those who like to THANK kind
    people who share them with everyone would be not heard.

It was a great show to sit through, and it was fun, too. It was
    great to see a show like that one where a green clay boy, his
    red clay horse, a yellow clay dinosaur/dragon, and a blue goo-girl
    can make people happy with their adventures.

Post edited by stinker4_1_f92cde577f on
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

You like GUMBY?

HappyDaysB.jpg
    1200 x 755 - 142K
  • edited September 2012

Yeah! Where'd you get him, Dorsey? ShareCG?

I grew up some on the 80s revival show, and got back into it yesterday.

They just don't make shows like that anymore.

Oh! And there's Jed and Granny at the entryway!!

:lol:

Post edited by stinker4_1_f92cde577f on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969

You like Gumby? Me too. Here's a render I made in Bryce 7 years ago. I think I made everything in Wings3d and Bryce.
    That's Art Clokey in the left photo and his Dad on the right. Art said his Dad's unusual hair bump inspired the shape of Gumby's head.

gumby.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 243K
    edited December 1969

Gumby's on Shar3D:
    http://www.shar3d.com/
    No direct link possible, but click on "Model Challenge" on the left, then "archive" in the page text, and Gumby's a few items down the list.

Full disclosure: I was too old to bother with the actual show, but thoroughly enjoyed Eddie Murphy's portrayal on Saturday Night Live (which may be one of the "poop versions" you've seen on YouTube).

edited December 1969

tjohn, your Gumby's wearing a T-shirt that actually seems to be quoting Eddie Murpjy's famous line, "I'm GUMBY, dammit!"

edited December 1969

tjohn, your Gumby's wearing a T-shirt that actually seems to be quoting Eddie Murpjy's famous line, "I'm GUMBY, dammit!"

Yep, but comic book style %&#$!
    And that is a photo of Murphy's Gumby on the T-shirt. I think it's from a Christmas show, because he's wearing a red bow tie. And Eddie's Gumby had the bump on the wrong side, lol.
    Fans of Gumby's stop-motion films may notice that I tried to mimic the hand-made sets that Clokey used early on.
    Man I know way too much about this...

:red:

edited December 1969

Oh and check out the wire-frame of the scene on the computer monitor.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

At least your wireframe looks like the scene, the peeps here don't like my Bryce wireframes. Well apart from LG, who understands them.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey guys..
    Again the forum toys with me.. with the notfications ...

OOhh dorsey .. this is cool.. thou I do not see bender :)

tjohn .. Nice :)
    I like it very much, the scren and frames ;)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    At least your wireframe looks like the scene, the peeps here don't like my Bryce wireframes. Well apart from LG, who understands them.

Hey, I like openGL as much as the next person, but wireframe is the "alphabet" of 3D.

:)