Fancy Dress - back to WIP

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited January 2016 in Freebies

High hopes here ;-)

Working on a "Fancy Dress", have the slip part done however it can also be itself a gown. For G3F. Includes a few pose morphs.

Clothing files/morphs being created in D/S4.6.

slip done.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 725K
works with shaders.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 812K
Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

wow looks amazing so far patience55 I can't wait to see the finished product

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

Thank you. Hexagon started having seizures so this is as far as the main modeling got.
    I am calling the top layer "lace" ... if ever wanting to use it by itself as a solid the slip part is totally not required.

I have rigged them both the same way I did the other long dress which is to say that it "fits to" the figure, no handles. Made one set of poses for both items to test them and the concept works :-) Animated well enough too however one would require carefully placed cameras for animations. Or make better morphs, aiming to fix first that which is otherwise distorted first. There are a lot of polys for morphing, and for texturing purposes. Several shading domains so hopefully you can get something of a texture made for the dress requested. Patterned in ribbons and flowers with a good displacement should work. It's all uvmapped in Hexagon so commercial use is okay. D3D UVViewer [free] makes excellent large templates for use [just save out whatever as a square page].

The "lace" dress was not made with smoothing [while rigging it] applied, the "slip" was. So for any minor issues such as poke through on a shoulder tab, check the Parameters tab for a morph adjustment ... made one so far ;-)

will work via morphs.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 744K
    side back view.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 683K

A couple more teasers, made something for "ribbon" around  the arms. Load with nothing selected and then fit to the dress "lace".

armbands added.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 134K
    zero negative displacements on shaders.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 245K

Absolutely amazing so far Patience WOW!!!!

So looking forward to the finished product now omg!!!

Hope it meets expectations ;-)

I've put together a little "how to morph" readme tutorial for those that may be interested too. If time permits I'll make a few morph pose morphs and still aiming for release tomorrow.

n.b. Not all poses are suitable for both "slip" and "lace" ... some would require tweaking the pose of G3 as well so those I'll leave for now 'cause I'm not about to redo every pose in my library!

edited January 2016

Okay ... Here it is "as is", the Fancy Dress. [link retired]

It's also P.C. weekend so everybody can buy the MFD for G3 - seem to recall some instructions before people were using to use the MFD dress to rig their own long dresses so it has handles if that is what people want to do with it. Such a dress is of course NOT redistributable. Bought my copies but haven't tried the procedure yet to see how it works with this dress.

I have made a few pose morphs, included a mini-tutorial for those interested in "how to" make morphs for poses ... hmm ... forgot the templates again ... anyway, Hexagon's are not much help, I'd suggest using D3D UVViewer to get nice large "square" templates if so desired. These items are uvmapped and many shaders seem to work well with it. Made and tested on D/S4.6.

Fancy Dress Promo.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 147K
    default lighting.png
    1167 x 920 - 159K
    Porcelain Doll lights.png
    707 x 702 - 92K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you can't wait to give it a try

You're welcome, I hope the dress works for people.

I had tried what were supposed to be some improvement settings for the video card for Hexagon but they seem to be doing more "not good" than "good" so have reset the whole thing and hopefully I can get some more done with it now. Next week's project is a pair of pants for G3M. That's a curious figure. Seems to dial out morphs that were not even active in the first place and certainly were not connected by me to anything so ??? gonna be a fun week lol ...

Thanks so much for this dress patience55 I know I am going to be using this a lot in my party renders!!!

Glad you like it Saphirewild. I've been playing around with it too along with various shaders. :-)

edited January 2016

Templates if anybody wants 'em. [link retired as they too will need to be redone for the new dress]

• KalisxKalisx Posts: 112

WOW a dress and a tutorial smiley

Thank you so much patience55.

You're quite welcome Kalisx, enjoy :-)

edited January 2016

Some resources have files only for Poser. IF they include texture images some can be used also in D/S however it is nice to have a pose file of somekind to load them.

So I made one. It requires manually editing it to load a set of images and then one would save out their own D/S mat files.

{.pz2 files go in the Runtime > libraries > poses ...}

DA Link [link retired too]

select fields and save new mat files to correct folder.png
    2000 x 2000 - 1M

Okay, while working on this dress some more, discovered something ... Hexagon did something I've never seen it do before and yes it was in the sleeve that was causing problems for further mesh work ... the problem was so totally weird and no I couldn't get it to reproduce so whatever ... dress is back in the repair shop ;-)

Why I pulled the dress links ... another first and I have no idea why, how come or like why??!!! did it do this but for some funky reason ONE of the material surfaces loses its uvmap when SOME of the mat files were applied ... not all of them ... uvmap could be recovered by reapplying basic shader but still ... this behaviour in the model is not acceptable by my standards so I pulled it and hopefully the remake {if it can all be fixed} won't have this issue.

If it can't be ... or maybe on its own anyway, I plan to make a neat decoration I saw on another dress from long ago and put it on the "slip" and release that as another party dress.

• That's never good, dear. Hope you get it fixed.

Yes some experienced folk have helped me figure out what went wrong on the sleeve. The bodice shall remain a mystery. And I have to take a break from this dress for a bit ;-)