Exactly what I don't want

I'd hoped that an AI product from Daz would help jump start my productivity by giving me an editable scene file ideally using products I already own. Instead, Daz AI Studio is attempting to do the 3D artists job and reducing us to begging the AI via text messages... It's exactly backwards. Please reconsider this product and build the thing any Daz artist could benefit from--quick Daz 3D file generation (*not* 2D images...except for preview). The subscription could then be to allow the AI to limit its product selection to just the artists already owned product. That would be worth paying for. A bad 2D image creator by an AI "competitor" to the artist is not... Thanks for listening.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

I have to agree. I enjoy playing with Daz AI Studio, but I fail to see the benefit of an image generator to those that use Daz Studio and purchase assets from the store. I already use other more developed AI apps to enhance renders, or create new, more realistic images from image prompts created from my renders.

Hopefully DAZ are working on some kind of AI helper that will be part of DS, guess time will tell.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,279

We do know that Daz is working on a 3D/DS AI tool - this isn't a replacement for that, though it may in part spring from work done en route.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575
    edited June 5

I seem to recall an announcement that seemed to be what the requestors are talking about. I don't know if it was limied to already purchased items or not.

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,382
    edited June 5

Edited:

I understand that 3D artists need to have a place to vent about Generative AI.

I am not convinced that the Daz AI Studio sub-forum is the place to do it.

One could argue that discussions about  that "3D/DS AI tool" could fall into "Daz Studio Discussion".

It seems crucial to make a clear distinction between:

• using Generative AI as a tool to generate images
    • using AI as a tool to enhance the user interface and the workflow in a 3D software

• The repeated message that Daz AI Studio is just a "side project" may not be helpful to gain new subscribers or PA with skills to train checkpoints and LoRA - if that is the goal here.
    • For years "real 3D artists" have belittled Daz 3D Studio users and now the same cycle repeates again with Generative AI.
    • At some point steps need to be taken to instill trust that "Generative AI" is respected as an alternative, standalone way to create images - to make potential customers or subscribers feel welcome.
    Post edited by linvanchene on
  • artxtapartxtap Posts: 157
    edited June 15

Overdrawn said:

I'd hoped that an AI product from Daz would help jump start my productivity by giving me an editable scene file ideally using products I already own. Instead,.....

now that is an interesting idea...!!!....i see where you are going and i like it. ......the prompts could/would ref store items....... there was/is? something like that for code programing; where you have blocks of code. and take these block to build your program - MIT made that i think. certain blocks can only fit with other blocks.

Post edited by artxtap on