Can't Get Motion Matching to Work

superlativecgsuperlativecg Posts: 137
edited June 22 in Unreal Discussion

Has anyoone been able to get motion matching to work for Genesis 8 or 9 characters in UE5.4?  I could not. I tried following this tutorial but the G8F animations I imported from DAZ Studio didn't show up in the Pose Search Database window

Post edited by superlativecg on

Comments

• Senor_MonkeySenor_Monkey Posts: 126

If the animations don't show up in the Database, it means that they're not compatible with the skeleton you're using.

• superlativecgsuperlativecg Posts: 137
    edited August 1

I was able to get it to work in UE5.3 but not in UE5.4.  I installed the latest update for 5.4 but the animations still don't shows up in the Pose Search Database window in 5.4 and they do show in 5.3.

Post edited by superlativecg on
  • See if you can play the on the target skeleton. If not, you may need to retarget them first before they show up in the database, like Senor Monkey suggests.

• Do you mean retarget the animations?  How do I retarget a skeleton?  I used animations from the Lyra project retargeted to the Genesis 8 Female.skeleton located in the DAZtoUnreal plugin directory.

• I don't know why, but when doing the retarget, the Unreal engine destroys the necessary data, but it only does this with the Genesis 8, it doesn't do it with other models.