Clarification on Commercial Use

I pay for a Pro subscription to DAZ AI Studio and want to use some of the renders I prompted as album covers for my music. Do I own those images that were created by my prompts?

I'm not asking if I can sell them to a third party -- I'm asking if I can use them to promote my own work in another field. I will use renders that I never posted here on the website, because I know that our posted images are fair game for DAZ publicity to use as they see fit.

I'm a longtime traditional DAZ 3D enthusiast, and will use my tens of thousands of dollars worth of DAZ assets to create album covers if I can't use DAZ AI renders. But I actually prefer the results I get by whispering into DAZ AI's ear!

Thanks for any answers you can give me.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,279

Daz makes no claim on the images at all - though bear in mind that the copyright status of unedited generated images is possibly that they have no protection at all (if you edit them post generation that may well be OK, though you should of course seek professional advice).

• RichardCRichardC Posts: 19

Thanks for the speedy reply, much appreciated!

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 319
    edited July 23

RichardC said:

Thanks for the speedy reply, much appreciated!

If you want to do with your created AI renders what you want and know for certain that you are allowed to do so, my advice would be to use an AI image generator where it says clearly what you are allowed like Stable Diffusion 1.5. With Daz AI we don't know what they use or what Checkpoint Models, LoRAs or Wildcards. They don't say. But I assume they didn't do AI Studio from scratch. My bet is on Stable Diffusion 1.5 and a knock-off based on something like Vision FX but as Web-GUI. It looks all very rushed out and sold as "Beta". Nothing wrong with that I suppose. But the only thing Beta is probably the Web GUI and their own LoRAs which they call Products (Victoria, Michael etc.) . Anyways, for fairness this has to be said. 

Daz AI

the Prompts

Luxury interior design, Spacestation, corridor, huge, indoors, photorealistic green plants, cinematic, warm colors, teal theme, equipment, scenery, sunshine,

other AI generator with Stable Diffusion 1.5

Daz.PNG
    1318 x 851 - 1M
    ComfyUI_00055_.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by Fettbemme on