My First Model. Now What?

This is probably a dumb question, but I can't find anything that says. Maybe I just missed it?

I imported a character from DAZ Studio and crafted a Jetpack for them. I think I'm ready to move the Jetpack into Studio to start rendering some sprites, but I'm not sure exactly what to do at this point. 

If I save it, does it save the character AND the jetpack? Should I delete the character? Do I just export it to Studio? This is not some great work of art worthy of selling in the store, it's just enough to give the sprites the appearance of wearing a jetpack from the angle I'm going to be rendering from.

Thank you

Comments

• atoxicatoxic Posts: 141

if you are not going to use the DS / Hex brigde, one of the best ways is to export the item as .obj and than import into DS.
    Workflow:  In Hex delete everything but the item. Use 'export' and save it as .obj. 
    Open DS and use 'import'. Maybe you have to tweak the percentage values to get the results right (I often use custom scale, 800%).
    The use 'Save As', 'Support Asset','Figure/Prop Assets'.
    From now on you can use the saved prop in DS as usual.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,229

I'm clear on everything  ^ ^ ^ ^  up to this point, but where/how/when does the Material Zones assignment issue fit in?

• atoxicatoxic Posts: 141

set UV map in HEX. Don't bother too much with materials, define shading domains.. Import the obj file (of the uv mapped model) into DS. Then use Geometriy Tool to assign Surfaces (for the different textures) and Face Groups (you may use them for rigging), Hint: Surface and Face Group dont need to be identical - often this is usefule, but there are other examples.
    After the definition of Surfaces and Face Groups in the Geometry Editor  use Save As and save as Figure/Prop. (If you like you can do this after assignment of textures to the surfaces in the Surface Tab of DS, otherwise you can do texturing and save as Scene).