Trailer For 48 Hour Film Contest Houston 2024

The entry is "What Goes Up" by Perfect Time To Panic Productions.  A couple of dozen Houston teams entered, two were animations (I think).  Our five minute animation was done in Carrara and Vue.  I will post the full video after the winners are announced (by the rules). 

Comments

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 319

Steve K said:

The entry is "What Goes Up" by Perfect Time To Panic Productions.  A couple of dozen Houston teams entered, two were animations (I think).  Our five minute animation was done in Carrara and Vue.  I will post the full video after the winners are announced (by the rules). 

All the best with your entry. You put some effort in it. Very nice clip. yes

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Fettbemme said:

Steve K said:

All the best with your entry. You put some effort in it. Very nice clip. yes

Thanks.  Some of it was the result of exploring VUE's "Animation Wizard" which allows easy animation of various vehicles, in this case flying vehicles.  I used to think it was not very helpful, but it really can be.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Hope you got some sponsorship dollars for the airplane decoration.  :) 

Well done!

Diomede said:

Hope you got some sponsorship dollars for the airplane decoration.  :) 

Well done!

Thanks.  The stunt plane came that way, not my paint job.  Pretty impressive model, tho.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I missed this post somehow.... frown

looking awesome as usual Steve

great animation work yes

Thanks.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Arkansas has a 48 hour film contest in August, so I think I am going to try to put a team together for 2025.  The venue is right around the corner from me.

https://events.arkmfa.org/event/48-hour-film-project-movie-premiere-award-ceremony/

The Houston 48 Hour Film contest finally screened the entries last night, a month late due to damage to the theater from Hurricane Beryl. 

Here is our entry, "What goes Up".  The genre is Coming of Age, the character is Charlie Pestapano a building inspector, the prop is a bucket, and the dialogue line is "You can't do that here".

Diomede said:

Arkansas has a 48 hour film contest in August, so I think I am going to try to put a team together for 2025.  The venue is right around the corner from me.

https://events.arkmfa.org/event/48-hour-film-project-movie-premiere-award-ceremony/

Are you planning to do an animation?  Besides our entry (above), there was one other animation, I think done in Unity.  They did a great job with a LOT of characters, settings, and voice acting and might win the whole thing. The title is "2024 Animal Olympics", I haven't found it online but they've only had a day so far to upload it (have to wait until after the screenings).