Eyebrow Remover

ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 479

Does Zevos eyebrow remover work on genesis 9? If not, is there one for genesis 9?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

I would assume that Genesis 9 only has seperate brows, so there shouldn't be a need.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited August 3

You could make your own - add a Geometry Shell with everything but the face hidden and using the same materials, use the Surfaces pane to offset the maps up or down, and then apply a mask image to hidfe all but the brow area. The mask would be the only fiddly bit, and even that would just require a stroke of white on black with a softened edge.

Edit: that wouldn't work with the newer PBRSkin shader since it doesn't hae Cutout Opacity, and its behaviour would chnage if you added it. The technique could be used through the Layered Image Editor, however, by making a layer that copied the map, shifting it up or down so there was skin over the brows, and applying the mask layer to hide most of the offset map. You would probably need to change at least the base and Normal maps.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 479

I ended up using Gimp. The issue is that face transfer adds in eyebrows that sometimes look distorted. Thanks for the suggestion Richard.

Oh and the eyebrow remover won't recognize g9

• midgard229midgard229 Posts: 31

felis said:

I would assume that Genesis 9 only has seperate brows, so there shouldn't be a need.

I believe that some characters from other vendors have prebaked brows as well though even if daz original characters dont 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

midgard229 said:

felis said:

I believe that some characters from other vendors have prebaked brows as well though even if daz original characters dont 

I know of at least one for sure that does. I was super disappointed, as the look clashed a little with the other characters in the scene with fibermesh, but I didn't need her for a lot and she had the look I wanted in other ways, so I just left it. Made me more cautious about what I buy in future, though.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,873

SilverGirl said:

midgard229 said:

felis said:

I know of at least one for sure that does. I was super disappointed, as the look clashed a little with the other characters in the scene with fibermesh, but I didn't need her for a lot and she had the look I wanted in other ways, so I just left it. Made me more cautious about what I buy in future, though.

Some of them include a no brows face texture.  

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

paulawp (marahzen) said:

This is how I deal with eyebrows in G9:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8477436/#Comment_8477436

I use AI and inpainting, fast and easy.

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 519

Zev's doesn't work on G9 and hte scripting is encrypted. I did however make a mask that can be used with the LIE system on the face surface.

Load the character of your choice onto G9, if the makeup is a regular makeup map and not an LIE then make sure to apply that before you start the Brow Removal process!!

Default location for the Brow Mask I created is "Runtime/Textures/Elliandra/Common/Genesis-9-BrowMask.png"

Quick tutorial on how to use it with LIE:

Open the surface pane and select the Face surface
    Click on the Image beside the "Base Color/Diffuse" and Select "Layered Image Editor"
    On the Right Side right click on the current base image and select Add Image Layer, this will open the into the folder of the current image you just need to load another copy of it.
    Right click on the newly loaded image at the TOP of the box and select Add Image Mask. Browse to the mask location listed above and select it.
    Once it's loaded it will be attached to the copy of the base texture and works as an opacity/transparency map for it.
    Reselect the TOP texture map in the box.
    Down Below you will find a Y-Trans location change this to 150 and hit enter then accept. 

The Y-Trans number can be changed up (lowers the currently selected map) or down (raises the currently selected map) if you need to adjust for different brows on the character face maps just keep track of the number you use as it will be needed for any other settings in the Face Surface that also have the eyebrows on them (Bump, Specular, Normal etc.).

This process will need to be repeated for each surface setting that has the eyebrows on the actual maps so make sure to check each image in the Surface Tab!

zip
    zip
    G9EyebrowMask-Elli.zip
  • ommblazeommblaze Posts: 16
    edited September 19

That is so cool! Thank you!!!

Elliandra said:

Zev's doesn't work on G9 and hte scripting is encrypted. I did however make a mask that can be used with the LIE system on the face surface.

Load the character of your choice onto G9, if the makeup is a regular makeup map and not an LIE then make sure to apply that before you start the Brow Removal process!!

Default location for the Brow Mask I created is "Runtime/Textures/Elliandra/Common/Genesis-9-BrowMask.png"

Quick tutorial on how to use it with LIE:

Open the surface pane and select the Face surface
    Click on the Image beside the "Base Color/Diffuse" and Select "Layered Image Editor"
    On the Right Side right click on the current base image and select Add Image Layer, this will open the into the folder of the current image you just need to load another copy of it.
    Right click on the newly loaded image at the TOP of the box and select Add Image Mask. Browse to the mask location listed above and select it.
    Once it's loaded it will be attached to the copy of the base texture and works as an opacity/transparency map for it.
    Reselect the TOP texture map in the box.
    Down Below you will find a Y-Trans location change this to 150 and hit enter then accept. 

The Y-Trans number can be changed up (lowers the currently selected map) or down (raises the currently selected map) if you need to adjust for different brows on the character face maps just keep track of the number you use as it will be needed for any other settings in the Face Surface that also have the eyebrows on them (Bump, Specular, Normal etc.).

This process will need to be repeated for each surface setting that has the eyebrows on the actual maps so make sure to check each image in the Surface Tab!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on