Compatible Software without optional license

When I am doing window shopping I get confuse at why some models like Vo Xiao Hua HD and Rao XI Collection is compatible with Unreal Engine, but without a optional Interactive license? Can someone tell me what is up with that? Could they still be used for game development? Is there is a way to contact the modeller for any negotiation?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,384
    edited August 12

You can't use it for game development unless that's a game you make only for yourself and have no plan to distribute.

You can't contact vendors directly but you could open a support ticket to ask if interactive licence could be added, and Daz support will ask the vendor. Some vendors choose not to offer it, but there have also been cases previously where the vendor forgot to include it when submitting a product info and it was added afterwards.

For the record, I see an interactive licence option for Xiao Hua HD.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Beast25Beast25 Posts: 2

This is the model im talking about Vo Xiao Hua HD Genesis 8.1? I attach A picture of it. It doesn't have the interactive license on the screen? What version of the Vo Xiao Hua HD that you're talking about?

Screenshot 2024-08-12 102232.png
    3840 x 2160 - 3M
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,384

There's also a "Vo Xiao Hua HD" for G9, which has the license. That's the one I had checked.