Create or transfer "Open Fly" morph for G8 Male Mega Wardrobe Jeans

Hi Daz Experts!

I'm wondering if it's possible to create (and or copy) a morph for the G8 Male Mega Wardrobe jeans (https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-male-mega-wardrobe) to unzip and open the fly without undoing the top button?

The boxers from the Simply Casual Boxers and Shirts for Genesis 2 Male(s) (https://www.daz3d.com/simply-casual-boxers-and-shirts-for-genesis-2-male-s) have the exact shape of the morph I want, but so far I haven't been able to copy or transfer it (entirely possible I'm just not skilled enough to understand the process).

Is it possible to copy that morph? Or if not, how would I go about attempting to recreate it if that's even possible?

Thanks!

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,186

You can't open a mesh that is welded, as that would mean to rip the mesh, and then it is no longer a morph.

• felis said:

You can't open a mesh that is welded, as that would mean to rip the mesh, and then it is no longer a morph.

Those jeans are already capable of opening in the right location, as they have several open morphs themselves. But all of the existing morphs undo the top button and open them wide at the waistband before expanding down the zipper line

• felisfelis Posts: 4,186

If the mesh isn't welded, then you can create your own morph.

But you can not copy it from somewhere else. In theori you might be able to do it as a projected morph if the mesh is very similar in the source, but I wouldn't try on that.

You can in DS use Dformer or mesh grabber, but I would go for a modeller, and then import as a morph.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,149

They have different geometry and vertex positions... even if you transferred Morph Targets by using Transfer Utility from Boxers to Jeans, it wouldn't work. (ss 1)

If making it with dFormer or Mesh Grabber... it'll be cumbersome and you might not get good result as there's no capability of Mask, Smooth, Crease etc. while using these tools in DS.

So better make it in Blender or other sculpting software that you know... (ss 2 ~ 3)

SNAG-2024-8-19-032.png
    2560 x 1392 - 3M
    SNAG-2024-8-19-035.png
    2053 x 1390 - 1M
    SNAG-2024-8-19-034.png
    2560 x 1392 - 2M
  • crosswind said:

They have different geometry and vertex positions... even if you transferred Morph Targets by using Transfer Utility from Boxers to Jeans, it wouldn't work. (ss 1)

If making it with dFormer or Mesh Grabber... it'll be cumbersome and you might not get good result as there's no capability of Mask, Smooth, Crease etc. while using these tools in DS.

So better make it in Blender or other sculpting software that you know... (ss 2 ~ 3)

Damn I wish I knew blender because that shot 3 is exactly what I need lol

edited August 18

Anxious3102 said:

crosswind said:

I could've attached this morph for you, however, there's a defect on the Jeans which is an unused vertex. I had to remove it but then saving the figure asset has to be a must before saving the delta morph asset. I'm not allowed to give you the modified figure asset according to Daz License Agreement...

So if you need this morph I made, you have to first of all correct this Jeans figure yourself then resave the figure asset. If you know how to do it, let me know after you have it done, then I can post you the DSF file. If you don't know how to do it, also let me know. I can show you how to...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

Anxious3102 said:

crosswind said:

I could've attached this morph for you, however, there's a defect on the Jeans which is an unused vertex. I had to remove it but then saving the figure asset has to be a must before saving the delta morph asset. I'm not allowed to give you the modified figure asset according to Daz License Agreement...

So if you need this morph I made, you have to first of all correct this Jeans figure yourself then resave the figure asset. If you know how to do it, let me know after you have it done, then I can post you the DSF file. If you don't know how to do it, also let me know. I can show you how to...

I don't know how to do it unfortunately  

edited August 19

Okay, pls :

1) Carefully follow the steps in the attached Screenshots 1 ~ 7.

2) Extract the "data" folder in the attached Open Fly Morph.zip file to your Daz Library where you've installed this product.

3) Load the Jeans, dial Open Fly morph to check, Screenshot 8.

SNAG-2024-8-19-051.png
    2560 x 1392 - 620K
    SNAG-2024-8-19-053.png
    2560 x 1392 - 564K
    SNAG-2024-8-19-054.png
    2560 x 1392 - 632K
    SNAG-2024-8-19-055.png
    2560 x 1392 - 598K
    SNAG-2024-8-19-056.png
    2560 x 1392 - 572K
    SNAG-2024-8-19-057.png
    2560 x 1392 - 616K
    SNAG-2024-8-19-058.png
    1725 x 975 - 211K
    zip
    zip
    Open Fly Morph.zip
    SNAG-2024-8-19-059.png
    2560 x 1392 - 2M
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • Anxious3102Anxious3102 Posts: 59
    edited August 19

crosswind said:

Okay, pls :

1) Carefully follow the steps in the attached Screenshots 1 ~ 7.

2) Extract the "data" folder in the attached Open Fly Morph.zip file to your Daz Library where you've installed this product.

3) Load the Jeans, dial Open Fly morph to check, Screenshot 8.

It worked! OMG you are my daz hero!!!

Post edited by Anxious3102 on

Ah, great ! You're welcome ~ I just updated the tutorial 'cause I found I didn't parent the jeans to G8M before I proceeded... haha ~ But that didn't impact the morph. Only after loading Jeans to the figure, Jeans is not parented to G8M.

Now the tutorial is correct, if you followed the updated one, everything should be fine. Have fun !

• crosswind said:

Ah, great ! You're welcome ~ I just updated the tutorial 'cause I found I didn't parent the jeans to G8M before I proceeded... haha ~ But that didn't impact the morph. Only after loading Jeans to the figure, Jeans is not parented to G8M.

Now the tutorial is correct, if you followed the updated one, everything should be fine. Have fun !

Like I really REALLY do appreciate it! Your instructions were super easy to follow, and I just appreciate the generosity of you being willing to help me figure it out and then teach me :D

Anxious3102 said:

crosswind said:

Like I really REALLY do appreciate it! Your instructions were super easy to follow, and I just appreciate the generosity of you being willing to help me figure it out and then teach me :D

No problem ! laugh

• crosswind said:

Anxious3102 said:

crosswind said:

No problem ! laugh

What would I need to do differently in this process if I wanted to keep a pure install of the jeans without the morph, and have a modified version that has it?

Anxious3102 said:

crosswind said:

Anxious3102 said:

crosswind said:

No problem ! laugh

What would I need to do differently in this process if I wanted to keep a pure install of the jeans without the morph, and have a modified version that has it?

Ah ~ You just need to simply save the modified version as Figure/Prop Assets with the Vendor Name of your own, then you'll have both Original and Modified version of this product. 

• crosswind said:

Anxious3102 said:

crosswind said:

Anxious3102 said:

crosswind said:

No problem ! laugh

Ah ~ You just need to simply save the modified version as Figure/Prop Assets with the Vendor Name of your own, then you'll have both Original and Modified version of this product. 

I tried, but I can't get the morph to show up on the modified version if I change the name at all. I tried to edit the morph file itself and make sure the file path was correct with the new name, but it still wouldn't work. If there's no workaround, I can just settle for uninstalling and reinstalling it as needed. 

I tried, but I can't get the morph to show up on the modified version if I change the name at all. I tried to edit the morph file itself and make sure the file path was correct with the new name, but it still wouldn't work. If there's no workaround, I can just settle for uninstalling and reinstalling it as needed. 

It should always work. The detailed steps as below:

1) Load Jeans with Open Fly morph on G8M. Select Jeans and save Figure / Prop Assets to the separate folder named with your Vendor name, e.g. People\Genesis 8 Male\Clothing\!Crosswind\Mega Wardrobe\

2) Set your Vendor Name, product / item names, etc. in options dialogue. (screenshot 1). Then load the save asset to G8M to check.

3) Delate Open Fly morph file (dsf) in the data folder of the original product. Uninstall / re-install the product in DIM or direactly extract files from its IM package to the target Daz Library.

SNAG-2024-9-17-018.png
    2560 x 1392 - 629K
  • crosswind said:

It should always work. The detailed steps as below:

1) Load Jeans with Open Fly morph on G8M. Select Jeans and save Figure / Prop Assets to the separate folder named with your Vendor name, e.g. People\Genesis 8 Male\Clothing\!Crosswind\Mega Wardrobe\

2) Set your Vendor Name, product / item names, etc. in options dialogue. (screenshot 1). Then load the save asset to G8M to check.

3) Delate Open Fly morph file (dsf) in the data folder of the original product. Uninstall / re-install the product in DIM or direactly extract files from its IM package to the target Daz Library.

That worked perfectly! I'm sorry I've sounded so clueless! You're my literal daz hero!

Great ! yes