Help me remember : Monochrome materials/rendering addon

Been so long since I used it, but I remember acquiring a set of materials which created a cool monochrome/ Sin City vibe to renders. Thing is I can't remember what it was called so it is hidden in one of my runtimes. (Back in the day I used it often enough I could find anything).

Does anyone know what I mean so I can search for the name or keywords?

Comments

• MartirillaMartirilla Posts: 178

Poser's own two-tone etc Display Modes, combined with real-time Comic Book Preview and lights, may get you a long way.

In your runtime look for Materials\PASS_Shaders\Toon3Tone_Noir\ - material set. This is Nightsong's Toon3Tone: Noir, a shader pack from 2013. Last time I looked her PASS watercolor shaders set was free on Artstation Marketplace, and I guess you might find her others there too?

Also look for \Lights\DNA_Noir\ - a film noir light-set.

There was a Noir Inks pack for Poser, but that was more for manga shading.

The DAZ Store still has 'IDL Studio Expansion 3 - STUDIO NOIR' for Poser.

There are also a couple of Noir Cyberpunk HDRI packs for DAZ. Not sure if they'd also work in the same way for Poser.

One can also do it by creating a custom-tweaked character. Have a script remove all bump maps by auto-disconnecting them (there's a free one on ShareCG). Change all light color diffuse materials to white, and all dark colors to near-black.  Keep a few colour bits and set to red (red eyes, lips etc). Use with suitable single spotlight.

I see to recall recent Poser versions also had a shadow catcher render option(?). Never used it myself. Might be of use?

These days you can also real-time render to a basic Poser render, then give these renders slick makeovers with AI. For instance, Invoke (software) + WesternComixMix (model) + Immoral Town Style LORA (plugin), and then use the Poser renders either in Controlnet slots, or as Img2Img.