Headwax, did you survive the earthquake ?

Reports of an epic earthquake in your area, hope no bricks/ceilings fell on ya !!!

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

some say 5.0 at Musswelbrook surprise

with damage to buildings

we didn't feel anything down where I am.. Headwax was probably hangin' 5 and wouldn't of even known devil

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Ha ha hanging three! Everything okay hope everyone else is okay! Moral is never throw your old transitor radios away. Thank you for asking too. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Glad you are OK.  Glad you keep an emergency kit (radio, batteries, etc) up to date. 

Thanks, to be honest,  I always carry a small  backpack full of Spam with me too! But seriously, last time we had a big earthquake was before mobile phones. The only info we could get was via our car radios ! No electricity  no  water etc 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,332

Got an old transistor radio sitting on the shelf. Decided to upgrade my kit, bought a wind up FM-AM radio that also features a torch and a USB hub to recharge the mobile phones with. Also bought a couple of new torches and a box of batteries.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

Bunyip02 said:

Got an old transistor radio sitting on the shelf. Decided to upgrade my kit, bought a wind up FM-AM radio that also features a torch and a USB hub to recharge the mobile phones with. Also bought a couple of new torches and a box of batteries.

I have one of those!  The missus has been using it for years as a kitchen radio, works like a charm and I don't think I've ever changed the batteries.

I have a few boxes of old radios but my wrist gets sore winding them... 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035

not the crystal set?

WendyLuvsCatz said:

not the crystal set?

The original antique variety ?

WendyLuvsCatz said:

not the crystal set?

Ha I'd forgotten about those. I have crystal coming out if my ears. I think it's from when I was dropped on my heaD when I reached the Age of consumption.  .  Now tell me. If I use the daz ai thing to make images of Donald trump, is the ai thing working with daz owned content? Or does to just somehow know what trump looks like magically? Asking for a friend whoi types worse than I do....

Bunyip02 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

not the crystal set?

And I have wind up cameras tooo. ;) 

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

not the crystal set?

And I have wind up cameras tooo. ;) 

Got an old Fujica STX-1 https://randomphoto.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-fujica-stx-1-slr.html

edited September 4

I have a couple of box brownies and also a Voightlander 35mm from WWII which my uncle while on tank patrol in Germany swapped with a German soldier for some tobacco... smiley

Post edited by Stezza on
    edited September 5

Wow, see we are all Men of taste and style ;) ! My dad had every camera he had ever owned I tthink. He gave me my grandfathers movie camera when I was 19. It didn't work so I took the back off and springs and cogs went everywhere. I shoved everything back in, it still doesn't work but it rattles better now...

Post edited by Headwax on

Headwax said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

not the crystal set?

Ha I'd forgotten about those. I have crystal coming out if my ears. I think it's from when I was dropped on my heaD when I reached the Age of consumption.  .  Now tell me. If I use the daz ai thing to make images of Donald trump, is the ai thing working with daz owned content? Or does to just somehow know what trump looks like magically? Asking for a friend whoi types worse than I do....

no, it would be using the LAION5 database as it is built on Stable Diffusion from OpenAI as it says with some LoRas of a selection od DAZ characters you can choose 

...and speaking of technology, this 3G shutdown is stressing me out because my new 1 month old 4G Volte network Nokia 3210 is apparently not compatible according to the IMEI check and messaging 3 to 3498 and of course the endless messages

Thanks Wendy, I was worried it was using other artist's work without their consent. Silly me. 

Sorry to here about the three g thing. Friend of mine had shares in a MIG and he had trouble at about 9 g. So he said. My phone keeps sending texts saying I will  no longer be able to dial emergency stuff... there goes the late night pizzas 

Headwax said:

Thanks Wendy, I was worried it was using other artist's work without their consent. Silly me. 

Sorry to here about the three g thing. Friend of mine had shares in a MIG and he had trouble at about 9 g. So he said. My phone keeps sending texts saying I will  no longer be able to dial emergency stuff... there goes the late night pizzas 

you misunderstood. it IS trained by using other people's work without their consent  

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Headwax said:

you misunderstood. it IS trained by using other people's work without their consent  

Ha ha, no I understood, I was being facetious :)

Thanks for the links Bunyip02 :) 

All shook up again in Headwax territory.... surprise

Great videos, it's Saturday here, the birds are singing , the waves are waving and my nose is  sunburning ;) can't post a pic cause on a tablet and trouble uploading png? 

edited September 7

Dazai amazing what it can dream unassisted. Admittedly surfere is going wrong g way and his  stance us "unusual" to be charitable.

dazai_0764e384-f26c-11ee-8f4f-8de68b29fa88.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    Post edited by Headwax on

Headwax said:

Great videos, it's Saturday here, the birds are singing , the waves are waving and my nose is  sunburning ;) can't post a pic cause on a tablet and trouble uploading png? 

use the FireFox app 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Headwax said:

use the FireFox app 

Thanks it worked in the end. I am in bush lousy connection.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Headwax said:

use the FireFox app 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Headwax said:

use the FireFox app