Effigy Builder by ForbiddenWhispers

jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 37

[Effigy Builder by ForbiddenWhispers] This product doesn't do what it seems like it is supposed to. You can't apply any of the textures (materials) to hair, clothing, etc. What good is an effigy without hair? Or a statue without cool drapey clothing? How do I get this materials to work on any object?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• If the materials are shader presets then you would need to select both the model you wanted to affect and the surfaces on the model (or hold down the cmd/ctrl key while double-clicking on the preset and use the options dialogue to have it apply to all surfaces). If they are materials presets then you could seelct the figure and a surface, thens ave a Shader preset from that (but note that you would get seams if the maps were nade for the standard Genesis UVs).

There is a set hair pieces. In gernal I would not expect hair or clothes to work what well as statures don't really support that degreen of thinness.

• Yeah, I can apply a shader to the pieces individually. What I wanted was it to look like a single piece of stone, or wood, or whatever. When you apply the same shader to different surfaces, it starts the shader over each time so it never looks like a single piece of stone or wood. It looks like a bunch pieces stacked together, which in fairness, it is.

• Yes, you really need a map specific to the model's UVs, or custom UVs for the model (e.g. a planar maping that is relaxed within its boundaries might look OK - that is the technique used in a statue set for an older version of Genesis), or a procedurals hader that works for the location in space not the surface UVs.

• jmucchiello said:

[Effigy Builder by ForbiddenWhispers] This product doesn't do what it seems like it is supposed to. You can't apply any of the textures (materials) to hair, clothing, etc. What good is an effigy without hair? Or a statue without cool drapey clothing? How do I get this materials to work on any object?

This isn't a shader product. It's a geoshell product made specifically for Genesis 8 or Genesis 9's UVs and clearly states so on the product page. (depending on the set you purchased)

There's hair models sold separately to complete the Effigy look, as well as pedastals to pose your characters on. All available in a bundle together.

https://www.daz3d.com/effigy-builder-g9-bundle ;