Can i use "heat rigging" to rig Genesis 8 and 9 for daz studio ?

Hi,

Just saw this new product "Heat rigging"

Can i use "heat rigging" to rig Genesis 8 and 9 for daz studio ?

Thanks

lululee

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

Heat rigging ... Daz product ? Which one ?

• lululee1lululee1 Posts: 332

I think this is the product.

Auto-Rig Pro v3.69.35 (Blender)

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

Rigging in Blender... ? technically the answer should be yes but will that be necessary ? I never used it but maybe check the advices from others in this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/699201/how-to-preserve-jcms-with-auto-rig-pro-s-quick-rig#latest

• I think the actual product is this and ARP uses it. Both are pretty awesome. ARP's quick rig is an addon I cannot do without.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,873

I suspect they're actually talking about this, which recently announced new rigging functionality.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited August 30

..apparently I have this. (says "Purchased").  Not sure how or why as my system is old and  not very suitable for animation which seems to be the plugin's focus.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386
    edited August 30

kyoto kid said:

..apparently I have this. (says "Purchased").  Not sure how or why as my system is old and  not very suitable for animation which seems to be the plugin's focus.

That was free at some point IIRC. That's probably why you (and I as well) got it.

Post edited by Leana on
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,819
    edited August 30

Gordig said:

I suspect they're actually talking about this, which recently announced new rigging functionality.

@Gordig is correct this is a plugin that Makes the Daz G8-9 Figures compatible with the HEAT Commercial mocap libraries.
    They appear to have lowered their subscription prices quite a bit which is not surprising considering the amount of FREE mocap available as well as affordable tools to retarget them to your rigs including Daz Genesis 8-9.

Screen Shot 2024-08-30 at 6.36.46 AM.png
    921 x 828 - 408K
    Post edited by wolf359 on