Merge does not happen

Hi, I try to put two models together. Therfore I go to >file >merge and chose the second .duf document.
And then nothing happens.

I am using DAZStudio 4.22 on Apple iMac M1 with Sonoma 14.6.1

Comments

• What are you trying to merge? I, typically, will merge in the lighting from one scene to another or merge two characters into a scene. It is not meant to merge two mesh together. You will need a modelling program for that.

• cawcaw Posts: 5

I try to put two figures from two different scenes together. I created one character in one scene and another character in another.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,187

That should work. Can you open each scenes individually?

Instead of saving a character in a scene file, I would recommend saving them as scene subset.

Well, unfortunately I can not safe, export or load anything into Studio. There is something fundamentally wrong …

I can open scenes individually but can not safe with a new name or export.

• Write permissions? Can you save to the same location from other applications? How about saving to a different location (ideally a different drive)?

I think it has to do with DAZ Studio. I have no issue on my Apple Mac to safe from other applications to anywhere. 

From within DAZ Studio I have the safe dialog, very short, but the file is not safed. I can safe an existing scene just with the normal safe command.

• So you are using File>Save As>Scene? Or File>Save, which will do the same with an unamed scene or a scene where the Author doesn't match the current Ayuthor name in Edit>Preferences.

Yes

»open recent« is working
    »safe …« is working
    »safe as > Scene …« is not working
    »safe as > Pose present etc …« are not working

• Have you checked the end of the log file (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File) after trying to save?

edited September 14

I checked the end of the log file. My first attempt to »safe as scene« … gave this:
    2024-09-14 14:55:22.814 [INFO] :: Failed to save a file. See the log for more details.

A second attempt gave me this:
    2024-09-14 15:01:56.781 [INFO] :: Saved image: /Users/caw/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library.tip.png

Not the name I gave and not the location I have chosen …

Edit: with regular saving the app collapses and ends immediately

Post edited by caw on
  • What is the intended path to which you are trying to save?