Grass Shader Issue

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a beautiful environment asset called School's Out—perhaps you've heard of it. However, I've encountered an issue: the product doesn't come with the grass shown in the pictures. The description mentions something about applying any grass shader to resolve this, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I have a grass shader, but I'm not sure how to apply it. Can someone who knows more about this help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,435

Any shader preset can be applied by selecting the appropriate object's surface in the Surfaces Tab. In this case it would be the Procedural Grass Plane (so_grass). Use the Surface Selection Tool to select the actual grassy parts in case it isn't obvious from the list of surfaces, or apply each one separately. There are 5 surfaces defined, but only two actually have any polygons.

This Procedural Grass Plane seems redundant, since you can apply the shaders to the original base surfaces. In fact, with a regular grass shader, the added plane might have to be raised a bit to show above the base, or set the base grass surfaces' Opacity to 0.

My favourite grass shader for 3Delight is AoA's Grass Shader for DAZ Studio, which gives actual 3D grass but does not work in Iray.