Marvelous Designer to daz dforce problem

I made a shorts in Marvelous Designer and sent it to Daz, Fit to g9 and made it  DForce clothing, the problem is that when I start the simulation the shorts is completely disappear

I tried the three options of collision mode and it still disappears

Please tell me the solution because I worked a lot on these shorts and I really want it to be a DForce clothing :( .

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-08 at 12.53.43 AM.jpeg
1000 x 750 - 60K
WhatsApp Image 2024-09-08 at 12.53.43 AM (1).jpeg
1000 x 750 - 61K
WhatsApp Image 2024-09-08 at 12.53.42 AM.jpeg
1000 x 750 - 54K

Comments

• Your screenshots would be more readable if you took actual screenshots, e.g. using the Snip and Sketch  app, rather than taking a photo of the screen.

Are the clothes actually disappearing, or are they flyting off somewhere? Try selecting them (via the Scene pane) and then use the frame function (ctrl F) - is anything showing?

• muwawyamuwawya Posts: 9

Sorry about the pictures, I re-shot them. I pressed frame function and everything disappeared. I even tried moving the camera but I didn't even see Genesis. I also tried something else, which is "abjust rigging to shape" for the shorts ( I fit it to non first) The bones disappeared and "non" was written on all bones XYZ position

Screenshot 2024-09-08 022133.png
    1919 x 1199 - 1M
    Screenshot 2024-09-08 022122.png
    1919 x 1199 - 1M
    Screenshot 2024-09-08 022152.png
    1919 x 1199 - 482K
    Screenshot 2024-09-08 022400.png
    1919 x 1199 - 703K
    Screenshot 2024-09-08 022619.png
    1919 x 1199 - 437K
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,164
    edited September 8

Usually this sort of "disappeared" or "flying to outerspace" issues result from dense mesh on the garment when collision is initiated. I ever helped a folk with fixing a skirt product from this store. The mesh on the belt is very dense, when simulation is started, the skirt flies to nowhere and cannot be located with Ctrl + F. So I relaxed the mesh on skirt's belt in Blender and everything was fine.

So, pls firstly check if there's very dense mesh on the shorts... This issue has nothing to do with rigging or Adjust rigging to shape ~~

The quick way to fix it may be: Go to Surfaces pane, select all dynamic surfaces on the shorts (there seems 2 surfaces...), set the value in Collision Offset to -0.5 or -1, see if it's okay or not.

Besides, you also can recheck the settings on patterns in MD, especially Particle Distance. In most of the cases, you don't have to set the value too small...like those "bands" draping on the pockets, I think the mesh there seems a bit dense...

Edit: Personally suggest you add more fabrics in MD to separate material zones... so that it'll be flexible to have more dynamic surfaces in DS. With such a shorts, you may have to give different settings on their surfaces... as well as add dForce modifier weight node to paint different weights as needed.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • I suspect the issue is the dense, possibly self-intersecting (though MD will probably avoid that) in the pockets and straps causing the simulation to run away with itself, but it is hard to tell. It may be worth increasing the Sub Frames and Iterations per Subframe in Simulation Settings, but with an instant disappearance I am not sanguine about the prospects. What happens if you exclude the straps and pockets from the simulation (if they have separate surfaces you can use the Surfaces pane to set the dynamic strength to 0, or turn off Visible to Simulation)?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,833
    edited September 8

Are you using MD top stitch? That generates tiny dense mesh for each stitch. It will never dForce.

Post edited by barbult on

Thanks for your quick response:D. On other sites you have to wait 3~6 days for someone to respond to you. 

I only set the value in Collision Offset to -0.5 and everything works like a charm!

Thank you very much for helping me guys.

Oh, Great ! No problem ~

One last point ~ as barbult mentioned, if using and exporting topstitch, do not set OBJ in its Type, set Texture. It's hard for DS to handle "stitch mesh" with dForce... unless you use dForce Add-on ~~ but that'll be very cumbersome.

Oh yes of course they are Texters . It would be a disaster if they were obj :D

Nice ! yes