Polishing Letters in Hexagon - tutorial WIP

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,238
edited September 9 in Freebies

I have most of the images ready for pasting into a .pdf tutorial.

In the wonderful PA sale, I acquired the https://www.daz3d.com/typi3d-fonts-to-3d--windows-version :-)

This is a wonderful plug-in, love it! Can finally [and easily] get Text appearing in a scene :-) It does have a UVmap of sorts on it which is fine for many shaders however you know me, Let's bring some text into Hexagon and reuvmap it! Wild guess that maybe some would like to do this and so the tutorial was started.

I am trying to keep this as basic as possible, a work-flow that can yield acceptable results that even a beginner can do. With Hexagon, as with any modeler, one learns by doing hence the existence of walk through tutorials.

Aiming for the weekend - will be uploaded to Renderosity if all goes well.

Why mention this before? - Just in case anybody has any specific questions that they would like addressed for this project.

Make it Pretty and Save the Prop.png
1000 x 1000 - 996K
Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• Hello mysterious lady Catherine3678ab, The plug-in is expensive sad, I will buy it when the price come down.

Only then I can get the tutorial for this kind of tool.

This would be good in theory, but I have to wait a bit longer than expected indecision

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,238
    edited September 11

It was just on sale the other day for a handful of dollars. With the discounts, tokens, whatever, I was able to get a copy for under $5.

It will likely be on sale again, if not this month maybe next.

{my tutorials are always free}

• I have not seen this kind of tool.

You have a good talent writing tutorials for others to understand how it works certain features. smiley

That's generous of you, cheers!

• Thank you :-)

edited September 12

RL slows things down abit, but we'll get there ;-)

This text plugin is very easy to use. Can change the fonts on the fly, and after "baking" the text, then applying the desired shader, it's ready to rumble!

Something character creators need to mind is the requirement of unique names. IF one has downloaded both of these, one set is going to have some files overwriting the previous installation. I edited the file names ;-)

Unique Names are mandatory.png
    822 x 595 - 280K
  • Catherine3678ab The render you have done, looks like an "Alien Nation" TV series characters. cheekylaugh

I had a glimpse of that series, but I have not watched it completely.

Have you watched it? 

edited 5:40AM

Not that I recall. Wouldn't surprize me though, quite a few characters and props look rather familiar ;-)

eta: It's in the proof reading basket ;-)

Post edited by Catherine3678ab at