Yellow AI Character Shape Generator for Daz Studio - Official Beta Launch!

Learn about Yellow’s AI Character Shape Generator, offering AI-powered mesh generation to streamline and elevate your character creation in Daz Studio. This product is trained solely on Daz Original Character Shapes, Yellow's AI ensures ethical use with no concerns about ownership or consent.

Beta Signup & Product Page: https://www.daz3d.com/yellow
Blog Announcement: https://www.daz3d.com/blog/ai-character-shape-generator-by-yellow
YouTube Sizzle Reel: https://youtu.be/7rtQjT-5q04
YouTube Tutorial: https://youtu.be/0bRyIRdsk0U
Documentation: https://www.yellow3d.com/documentation-dazstudio
Yellow Company Page: https://yellow3d.com/ 

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,100

Ooh! I signed up for the betta. Are they morphs or what?

• YellowYellow Posts: 7

Hi Sfariah, yes you can preview the shape generation and then apply the associated full body character morph. For each prompt generated, you retain all the powers of Daz Studio to continue customizing your characters!

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,165

Oh oh, interesting ! When can we get the beta ? I registered Tafi for 15 months... nothing's ever happened...

And in the preview video on the product page, it seems no result has been generated with that prompt...?

We have started accepting users for this specific beta as of today and will start to provide access to users as of next week. However, please note that access will be provided on a rolling basis to make sure that we are able to scale our service accordingly and address user feedback.

Okay, great ! Siged up !

• Are the created morphs a merchant resource or will there be restrictions?

• MadaMada Posts: 1,892

Looking forward to playing with this :)

• G3Renderworks said:

Are the created morphs a merchant resource or will there be restrictions?

The specifics are in the EULA addendum on the registration page, but in essence: The shapes are treated like any shape you might buy in the store.  That means you can't sell them as is, but you can create a derivative work of them, so long as that derivative work requires the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials.  So basically, you could use the output shapes, make same adjustments to those shapes, and sell the result as a product with the G9 Starter Essentials as a required product.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,100

DAZ_Steve said:

G3Renderworks said:

The specifics are in the EULA addendum on the registration page, but in essence: The shapes are treated like any shape you might buy in the store.  That means you can't sell them as is, but you can create a derivative work of them, so long as that derivative work requires the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials.  So basically, you could use the output shapes, make same adjustments to those shapes, and sell the result as a product with the G9 Starter Essentials as a required product.l

Is that the free version of Genesis 9?  The one that includes the base figure?

• Sfariah D said:

DAZ_Steve said:

G3Renderworks said:

The specifics are in the EULA addendum on the registration page, but in essence: The shapes are treated like any shape you might buy in the store.  That means you can't sell them as is, but you can create a derivative work of them, so long as that derivative work requires the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials.  So basically, you could use the output shapes, make same adjustments to those shapes, and sell the result as a product with the G9 Starter Essentials as a required product.l

Is that the free version of Genesis 9?  The one that includes the base figure?

Yes, that's correct.

• I'll give it a try.. 

•  You must be online and logged in to Daz Studio to use the plug-in

And, I just lost all interest in this. 

• I cant wait I been looking for something like this for 3d modles I found some ofther stuff to make heads but man they charged a ton. I really wish now they would create a skin generator for genesis 9 I have the ones for genesis 8 that I might be able to transfer to 9 but would be cool to create a skin that matched all the weird monster im gonna try and make

• Looks interested. Watching to see what comes of this. The documentation mentions for prompting that "famous people can be used for reference". How does that work in practice? If I prompted "Albert Einstein", would it output a close facsimile of Albert Einstein? This maybe a question for later in the future, but are there plans to add the functionality of using an input image or even LORAs (say made for SDXL, PONY, FLUX, etc) to create models? Thanks in advanced if you happen to answer these questions.
    edited September 13

captainalvord said:

Looks interested. Watching to see what comes of this. The documentation mentions for prompting that "famous people can be used for reference". How does that work in practice? If I prompted "Albert Einstein", would it output a close facsimile of Albert Einstein? This maybe a question for later in the future, but are there plans to add the functionality of using an input image or even LORAs (say made for SDXL, PONY, FLUX, etc) to create models? Thanks in advanced if you happen to answer these questions.

That won't be possible since the models were trained on Daz Original Character Shapes.. as stated on the above page.... unless there's a way of providing sort of "LORAs models" but I doubt it ~~

Then after I noticed that... I just lost my interest ~~ let alone the pre-requisites of having to log on to Daz.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • DAZ_Steve said:

G3Renderworks said:

The specifics are in the EULA addendum on the registration page, but in essence: The shapes are treated like any shape you might buy in the store.  That means you can't sell them as is, but you can create a derivative work of them, so long as that derivative work requires the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials.  So basically, you could use the output shapes, make same adjustments to those shapes, and sell the result as a product with the G9 Starter Essentials as a required product.

I am both excited and scared by this possibility. Scared because I can imagine the submissions to Daz will be inundated with crappy, low effort, and unsellable models. It could also flood the market which would be great for buyers but hurt sellers, especially those that don't rely on this AI generator. Excited because I can see those with no modelling skills but maybe have great texture creations being able to expand their offerings. Or those with moderate skills and a want to improve their output using this AI output as a base to improve upon thus becoming worthy of sale. I also wonder with the general backlash against AI in the wider world, I wonder if any product generated with this AI would have to be labeled as AI to sell in the store.
  • CricketCricket Posts: 440

In the video, at the top of the interface window near the log-in button, it says "tokens". Does that mean we'll have to purchase tokens to generate morphs?

• I doubt I would buy anything generated by this plugin because I could theoretically generate similar myself with little to no effort. I don't see my ability to do that stopping me buying artist morphs either - I buy those because they're a quicker route to me attempting to make similar shapes from morph sliders, and I don't see fiddling about with prompts as much quicker either. I could also technically make my own characters, but I don't because I'm not a pro and it would take me a very long time. If artists are making characters I can use in my workflow, I'll continue to buy them. I imagine it'll be cheaper in terms of time and money to continue to do that. I can, however, see myself using this tool in my workflow if it turns out to be useful.

Those who use characters unaltered may be a different customer to me, though, so I can see the threat to artists there. Conversely, it could bring a whole new market to Daz, and those people are likely to supplement their creations with content bought from the store.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I guess it will be a membership sub? I will try, and if it goes well, hope I can afford it.

• Just my two cents(be sure to ask for change back).

It's just more AI shovelware.

From a user perspective, it sounds good.

Instead of the need to dig through the plethora of morphs and characters available on the various websites, just type what you're going for and poof, new morph.

In most cases, it'll be 'close enough' and satisfy the user.

From a content dev perspective, it could be useful.

Instead of the need to drop into z-brush, or use face transfer, or how ever else a PA might create a new morph, just type in the parameters and poof, instant morph to put up on the various websites.

Then there's the more realistic perspective.

This is just going to lead to an even more over saturated market, more bloat(longer load times), and an exponential increase of conflicts, errors and problems with the base figures.

user's are going to complain more, and there's going to be nothing any of us out here can advise them to do beyond uninstalling the 10k morphs they've created, because nobody else is going to have the same product to find the particular problem with it.

They're not going to have the understanding of what was done to be able to fix it themselves, since they won't really understand the process.

They're going to lose their minds when a hard drive crashes and every single morph they've created is lost to the ether.

They're going to rant and rave about DS, when they are constantly running into problems that they have created using this product.

PA's are just going to walk away, as there's just not going to be much of a market for character morphs anymore.

Personally, i have no use for such a tool.

It's limited to G9, which i have very little use for.

It's online only, which is an automatic nope for me.

And, as a long time Ds user, i already have so many morphs, characters, presets, randomizer scripts, etc, that there's nothing this could really do for me.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 690

This is a cool and really useful workflow. Thanks for sharing the video

We understand that some users may prefer to work offline. However, this service generates output in the cloud which is why we require the software to be online. Please note that we take user privacy seriously and do not record personally identifiable data.

CC: murgatroyd314crosswind 

At the moment, we are in a free Beta; however, we expect to be subscription-based in the future. The Beta, and user feedback collected during this time, will help us understand usage and will inform the price. 

CC: Cricketnonesuch00

dustinmeyer1234 said:

would be cool to create a skin that matched all the weird monster im gonna try and make

Please note that, currently, our product only supports humanoid generations. We are excited to share this with all the artists in the community and want to ensure we deliver quality with each type of output. However, stay tuned for more exciting features int he future!

captainalvord said:

This maybe a question for later in the future, but are there plans to add the functionality of using an input image or even LORAs (say made for SDXL, PONY, FLUX, etc) to create models? Thanks in advanced if you happen to answer these questions.

We currently only generate shapes but are working on additional features to provide a more complete worklfow in the future. In the meantime, our output is compatible with any Genesis 9 skin. Thank you for the interest!

Our objective is to deliver output at the quality the users have come to expect from Daz. We ensure it maintains the editability that the more seasoned users can use to fine tune their work.

Human creativity is still needed to accessorize, add details, and create a visual narrative for the final artistic result - we also don't see our generations as the final output.

Thanks all for your insights and interest in our product!

• dustinmeyer1234dustinmeyer1234 Posts: 123
    edited September 18

is it possiable to find out roughly how much do you think the service will cost, I have been part of betas before that the service cost was so high I couldnt afford it felt let down after getting to know a software only to have a high entry point. also about roughly how many users are you thinking of granting access to, do you prefer people with specific things how are you rolling out the entry.

Post edited by dustinmeyer1234 on